TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I may well end up camping too if we run out of beds... especially if I'm in the Transporter it will be easy to take the tent with me.

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I may well end up camping too if we run out of beds... especially if I'm in the Transporter it will be easy to take the tent with me.

Nick, I have reserved a bed for you...............

I have had a reply back from the venue.
No problem if we wanted to stay a few extra days or arrive a day or few early.

Just need to let them know.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I've been pondering about this trip. .
650 Kms from Calais Give or take. 350 Kms from the hook of Holland. I might even consider getting the ferry back overnight on Sunday evening for this one. Then a quick blast home in the morning. I really want to avoid doing 300 odd miles on motorway on the way back through Holland , Belgium and not forgetting the lovely M20 M25 M1 .
As soon as the crossings are available on Stena lines website I'll post up info.
So for me at the moment I may do.
Weds overnight , Harwich to hook of Holland.
Thursday , Friday, Saturday night at the treffen.
Sunday night overnight hook of Holland to Harwich.
All subject to there being crossings available of course. :thumbup

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
im booking too on the weekend,just need to see if i get somebody else from Finland with me!(most likely not)
Cool.
Me Geoff and Andy came back from Helsinki to Lubeck on the ferry on our way back from Nordcapp 29hours but it will leave you a short ride to the treffen from there.
If you share the cabin it isn't too expensive.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've been pondering about this trip. .
650 Kms from Calais Give or take. 350 Kms from the hook of Holland. I might even consider getting the ferry back overnight on Sunday evening for this one. Then a quick blast home in the morning. I really want to avoid doing 300 odd miles on motorway on the way back through Holland , Belgium and not forgetting the lovely M20 M25 M1 .
As soon as the crossings are available on Stena lines website I'll post up info.
So for me at the moment I may do.
Weds overnight , Harwich to hook of Holland.
Thursday , Friday, Saturday night at the treffen.
Sunday night overnight hook of Holland to Harwich.
All subject to there being crossings available of course. :thumbup
I'd be up for coming back on the ferry.Be nice to have a < 300 mile trip home on the Monday.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I'd be up for coming back on the ferry.Be nice to have a < 300 mile trip home on the Monday.
And you should be home before lunchtime too :thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm thinking about / toying with travelling out on the Sat/Sun before and visiting a few WW2 sites in Holland, Atlantic Wall & Arnhem plus a few in Germany like the U-Boats & the German Tank Museum.
A few days near Breda/Utrecht, Holland & a few days near Bremervorde up towards Hamburg then back to the Treffen site.

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just received confirmation for our 7 beds for the nights of 12th and 13th.

Rooms / beds are reserved for the 11th as well if needed.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Two crazy Finns confirmed :cheers:cheers

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well, that's a surprise....................................maybe we will get an extra UNO in the photos then..................

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Black Friday coming up soon. I got a good discount on the Harwich ferry last year booking on that day. Anyone want to get booked in early again.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Count me in Gazza :thumbup

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
i'll sort my own out Gazza..... most likely won't be traveling the same schedule as the rest of the group on this occasion.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Me jugulator and fruitbat are booked in the Harwich to hook of Holland ferry. Weds overnight out. Sunday overnight return.

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I think Bob and I will be going out the weekend before and seeing a few sites but coming back with you lot................ possibly...

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Ok ted.
If you are in touch with the venue can you organise for us 3 to have a room for Thurs/Fri/sat night. I don't know who else is thinking of doing the same journey yet but suspect a few might make their minds up in a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
OK, will do..

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
i'l be booking my crossings over the next week or so, Just sorting a few things out with dates.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts