TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my TRE and good God does it improve around-town driving. I use my bike primarily over my car because of easy campus travel, and the TRE completely eliminated the annoying surges in the 3-4K RPM range of the lower gears. Also gives a nice boost in torque from the line, but I bought it for the smoother riding over performance gain.

If anyone is in the market for a TRE that will work on all TL models, hit up the same guy I used. It was $48 shipped off the 'Bay. No splicing of wires needed. It plugs right into the OEM connectors.

Seller is johnaw0 and my item ID was 200246183399.

I'm not advertising for this guy or anything, but just wanted to help out those who are interested in doing the TRE mod and are a little hesitant to go wire cutting like I am. I'd rather pay a bit more than potentially cause a major PITA by playing amateur bike surgeon. :laugh

·
Registered
790 Posts
+1
I was also fairly pleased after installing my TRE. Simple plug and play, and did exactly what I needed it to do. It got rid of that low speed on/off "twitchiness" of the throttle.

:pirate

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ive been thinking about this mod for a long time. I never did it to any of my gixxers either. Im actually a bit afraid of doing it to the tiller. Its got so much torque down low already.
Does anyone have the problem of drifting on low speed corners due to too much added throttle response ?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Not really,I'm always amazed at how much more traction a twin has at low speed -even with the same or more torque than a big four:thumbup

·
Registered
364 Posts
im looking at doing this mod but im as dumb as dog shit wen it comes to mods dose any one have a pic of where it goes and how to do it

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Have a look here http://wotid.com/tls/content/category/1/27/57/. It's one of the easiest mods I've done to my bike, with the most benefit:hail. Mine cost me 18cents + some cable ties solder and wire I already had:laugh. Fixed stumbles, starting probs. and gave boost on initial throttling. I have posted SHITLOADS on how good/what sort/why etc. Search it out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts