TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have all the components for my SATRE, so tonight is building time!

One thing I need to know, if I install the TRE can something break because of the TRE (Malfunction on my part)?

I will try and test the tre before I install but with my luck the Farking bike never starts again!!

Thanks

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
If you wire it all up wrong you could possibly nuke the ECU :O
Take your time, check your work, do it right the first time :yes

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:stupid

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
You can't really nuke the ECU via the TRE. If you put a dead short on the pink wire, the ECU will just throw the code for the Gear Position Sensor and default to 6th gear anyway.

If the pink ends up being left as an open circuit, it's the same as being in neutral, but you might run a bit lean at a decent speed.

So just build it, put it in, and when you're done, check the voltage on the pink / red wire in neutral and in any gear and make sure they're ok. :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all,

Started last night late with the building of the TRE and stopped after my brain shut down.
Will do it slowly and make sure all wiring is correct.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have a tre on my tls and it runs fine (i think) lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok TRE is installed!! Did a short run with it off and then switched it on to 6th gear and then later to 5th gear. Not a huge difference but very noticable in the first 3 gears as it runs much smoother through the revs. A special THANKS to Steve and Chuck who supplied all the info on there pages!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need one asap. I have an 07 m109 and a cobra FI2000. i haven't played with the cobra's settings yet because it was installed when i baught it and i'm not too sure about "lean" and fuel/air ratio jibber jabber but i do know i don't like being restricted and i don't like filling up every 2 days. smh, i need help. just got the bike last week and i filled it up 3 times already. Cobra settings at 0,0,2. and JeffW, i need a JSD-3M!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts