TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently buy from Traxxion a rear spring and some fork tools. With the front spring compresor tool come instructions about how to set up the lenght spacer and best way open/close the forks.

There is a sheet where they explain the way to adjust the rebound screw before to tight the top cap. I read it few times to meke sure I understand what they explain ( my english is not as good as I like it). It has sense to me . But the procedure they use is quite diferent as the service manual say. Until now I use to set up the lock nut on the damper rod at 11mm from the top, and them install the cap and tight it...

I suppose that both procedures are correct but what is your opinion about it....

Here is the traxxion instruction...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/TLexup/Traxxion.jpg

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Click here for step by step instructions. :coocoo

Simple, first, unscrew the rebound adjuster to fully counter clockwise.

Then when you screw the cap on, make sure this is set at .43 in (11 mm) and all will be well.

Whenever you disassemble the fork, preload should be backed off and the rebound adjuster at minimum.

The Traxxion Instructions are sort of Generic, they work, but the above method is the factory method and I am sure it works well. I have done a lot of forks and haven't had a problem. The Traxxion method is similar, you just don't need to measure. I bet it is close when all is said and done. If I wasn't so lazy, I would go mock one up and try it, but I am lazy, so maybe later sir.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Doug. I'm agree with you, factory method is easier and faster than traxxion. I opened my forks few times ( I learmed from your photo album) an always use the service manual procedure and works great.

I just wanted to heard a second opinion....:thumbup

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Just a note when you go to back off the rebound adjuster do it before you take the fork apart OR if you forget then go to the bottom of the adjuster and there is a brass screw there which if you turn it clockwise or tighten it, it will back the adjuster out. If you unscrew the rebound adjuster from the top when it is in your hand there is a very high probability that the adjuster will come apart and it is a royal pain in the ass to get the check ball and spring back together.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Doug I'll follow the advice:thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts