TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill be in boston this weekend and montreal next week.

not sure my whereabouts in boston. ill be at mcgill university downtown montreal all next week. anyone want to grab a beer?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I'm in the boston area and have a super flexiable schedule, just let me know when and where you wanna meet. We can even go sailing on the charles in a little 15' Cape Cod if you want (I'm sorta a lousy sailor so you may get wet:laugh).

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
you could swing by my place sat with Josh (if he comes) for a little jet skiin :devious

I'm about 45mins or so from Boston :O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That would work. We can even ride the DR's there if ya want. Otherwise I can probably steal Nicki's car:laugh

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:laugh

I dont think we'd head to Bens, its a decent drive. Probably just go to the lake thats 1/2 mile from the house :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:thumbup doesn't make any difference to me. Closer is better with gas prices though (although at 75mpg on the DR250SE I'm not too fussed:laugh)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
BTW John, this ski is totally sick. I've never been on anything on water that hooked up and took off with such violence. It feels like launching a TLS on nice sticky asphalt, the fact it goes so suddenly on water seems to defy physics:hail

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
oh and you havent ridden it since I did the hull mods...it handles slightly different now :devious

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:drool

perhaps my light and untalented arse can stand it up now:devious

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can you guys PM me a phone number?
those offers sound great. ill post up where ill be staying and dates when i get home later.
thanks a bunch.

would be great to meet you guys!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome guys. im in on thursday evening.
im visiting friends that live in roslindale. not sure how far that is from
where you are or downtown for that matter.
ill be there friday and sat, sounds like billbo is working on friday.
ill give you both a call on friday and let you know how sat looks.

:doug

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sounds great:thumbup

I'm sure I can get together for dinner or we can go sailing or something if you get bored on Friday.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds solid. love sailing.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
sounds like a plan, give me a ring and let me know :bananaif we go jet skiing we may head to bens after all, it's a bigger lake and it'll be more fun to have a house to hang out at, and he said it's cool if you guys come :thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Whatever you wanna do Will, I'll be happy either way:thumbup
I don't need much space for jetskiing with my paltry abilities:laugh

John, the sailing site is http://www.community-boating.org/ I have a membership and a "helmsan" rating so its free for us to use the boats as much as we like. I'm only rated for the Cape Cod Mecurys though (they seat up to 4 and work great with 2 people, just not the fastest or prettiest boats in the water).

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any boat will suit me, as long as it floats and theres wind. :thumbup

billbo, roger that. will give you a shout friday!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:thumbup they float pretty well and the wind has typically been in the 4-15kt range, usually closer to 4 than 15, but the sails are pretty large so even with 4-6kts the boat will move along ok:)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
some pics from this past saturday :banana

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:drool

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
that top pic is my new desktop :laugh