TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys and girls i had trouble with the bike the other day someting broke either in the clutch or in the gearbox.(see my prevoius post for details). if i have to rebuild the trans and or the clutch again what kind of money am i looking at spending? i know the chain is no good. after that i am lost. waiting for the shop to get back to me on the other damage. :banghead:O

·
Registered
801 Posts
Download the shop manual and rebuild it yourself isnt that hard, providing you have tools gasket set will set you back 350 depending on whats broken it could be done cheap if you did it yourself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If the shop is going to split the cases and do the rebuild your better off getting a used motor. Thats usually around $1,000. Give or take.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
****ing double posts:coocoo

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
If it's the way the clutch was installed that's to blame it should be on the shop, and free to you. If it turns out to be the clutch that's at fault, I'd refuse to pay them a cent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok guys and girls i had trouble with the bike the other day someting broke either in the clutch or in the gearbox.(see my prevoius post for details). if i have to rebuild the trans and or the clutch again what kind of money am i looking at spending? i know the chain is no good. after that i am lost. waiting for the shop to get back to me on the other damage. :banghead:O
Hey guys my name is Jim and I have a 2002
Tl1000r . I bought it wit a slight problem in first gear jumping when I accelerate. So I’d just quickly bump to second and so fourth . All gears run through smooth as can be and my motor runs flawlessly . I’ve already checked and drained oil ( no metal and oil was good ) I’ve checked clutch’s and they were good . I checked the shifter linkage and spring that is notorious of breaking and it was good . So I’m about to pull the trigger on removing motor and my question is after that is do I have to remove everything to get to the gearbox ? Reason being is I though t I saw a video someone posted on being able to check and change shift folks and gears . It also showed All the gears together as he replace shift forks ???? . Please I love this bike and it will be passed down to my son . I’m a very mechanical guy but have never gotten this far into doing this and I would like to educate myself further on this beautiful machine . Thanks for any inputs guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts