TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advise from everyone, was out today riding and found that when i would shift into 2 3 4 5 does not matter i found that the bike would sit inbetween the gears like it is in neutral, there is no grinding or anything, and when in first and shift into neutral, i some times feel there is no click or any resistance, i did check the shift rod to see if it was loose, and cant see anything at this point, but when in gear she some times will kick it out of gear into neutral and i have to slam it into gear......oh please dont tell me i need a transmission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
699 Posts
Dude that really sux bad. I would hazzard a guess that your shift forks could be on their way out as you are jumping out of gear. When are you jumping out of gear btw, at normal throttle or WOT? By all means check the simple stuff first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, ripped her apart last night and found the spring to be busted, the other question i have is the drum wheel at the back, does that have to be in a certian postion when reinstalling the cover back onto the trans, or any position ok???

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
im not sure.. its been a lont time since i looked in there.. stick it bact together and try changing the gears berfore you put the cover back on. if you can run through them then it should be OK :O

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Go to page 3-43 of the workshop manual (its in the file vault). it does look like the stopper plate and the cam pin need to be aligned up. good luck :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts