TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a bad issue here and I wanted to ask you pro's out there as to a reasonable solution. Here goes, Ill try to be short..LOL

Ok when I got back from oversea's the bike was in near perfect condition. I rode it Id say a dozen times with absolutly no problems in the clutch or tranny.

Now heres where it gets F*cked up...

About 3 weeks ago, it was stollen out of my garage and the police recovered it the following day...(lucky me)

It had more or less cosmetic stuff, like front fairing, fairing stay, ignition, etc...NP easy fixs....

I get the parts and where back on the road 2 weeks later...

Now Im noticing that the bike doesnt, wont or slips from 1st to 2nd or goes into that "false nuetral". Its almost impossible to go from a down shift into a solid 1st gear as it continues to roll or turn when pressing down the gear shifter....

So I take it to a "Authrorized Suzuki Dealer" and after having the bike for over a week (Im pissed) they finally call with the quote. $1400 just to go inside the tranny to see what the problem is. They ruled out clutch so what ever...but why so darn much? The MGR says its one of the hardest trannies suzuki makes to fix...Hmmmmmm

Was he just blowing me off or jacking up the price? I dont know and I told him I will come get the bike. But it still needs to be fixed and should I take it somewhere else or should I attempt to fix it myself or re[place the whole thing as a unit?

Whats the pro's and con's?

I do most of my own work on small stuff and I have the tranny break down (plus the forum) to ask ??'s if I forget a step but what do you think?

Please let me know ASAP cause with 4 kids here at the house....Im dying to ride !!! LMAO

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
He is full of shit. Still could be the clutch also. The tranny work will take you a solid day and a half, worst case parts would be in the $700 range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have the parts list and though they arent to expensive by themselve, it could add up quick provided I only got the parts needed. But are the enternals like it is with the chain and sprokets? Replace as a set?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts