TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to buy a hitch carrier, but my good friend/neighbor said he would go halves with me on a trailer that we can fit both our bikes on. He's got a Hayabusa, and I've got the TLR, so the trailer will either have to be a 5 x 8, or 4 x 10 at least to fit both bikes. I live in Northern Virginia (Herndon) But I'm willing to drive an hour or two for the right price. I'm looking to have a trailer by the end of the month, so about a week.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a Harbor Freight retailer down the road. I know they have 1200lb capacity fold-up trailers for about $229 online. You can't really beat that price. They don't have rails on them, but even after adding a rail it'll be under $300. Probably can't beat that price.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Don't you have to supply your own wood too? 4x8 for 2 bikes is tight, hard to get good leverage with the outside strap on a trailer that tiny. Just a thought.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you attach rails, you don't need any wood unless you want to haul stuff other thank bikes. I was a bit worried about getting a good tie down angle with two bikes also. If they had a 5 x 8, I'd prefer that, but since my buddy (with the Hayabusa) isn't really looking to go halves with me, I'm looking for the best price at this point. I'll probably just borrow a trailer from a friend for this weekend, then just pickup a trailer for myself after that. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have the 4x8 Harborfreight trailer and like it a lot. I was able to tow my bike with no problems. I put down boards since I use it for other things as well. It doesn't fold that well once you put the boards on then you need some sort of clamp to hold it closed if you want to stand it up. Also the tilting feature is nice however you have to take off your lincense plate or bend the plate when you want to tilt. It tilts the license plate right into the ground before the edge gets to the ground.

I bought a repostionable wheel chock and o rings for the "E" track system but haven't installed the track yet. Check out this ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-5-Repositionable-Motorcycle-Wheel-Chock-Black-Chocks_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ019QQitemZ290030746008QQrdZ1

Here are a couple of pics of someone else's 4x8 with two bikes on it.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
i know lots of folks with the harbor freight folding units..

they work great for the money.

heres my folding trailer...

kendon makes these, kinda pricey but they work great. mines a chinese knockoff

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Big G, that was a very informative post. I'm probably going to go with Harbor Freight simply because they have a retailer right down the street, and that's always nice in case you have issues with a product. Thanks for the links to the repositionable Chocks on ebay, very cool. :cool
Big G said:
I have the 4x8 Harborfreight trailer and like it a lot. I was able to tow my bike with no problems. I put down boards since I use it for other things as well. It doesn't fold that well once you put the boards on then you need some sort of clamp to hold it closed if you want to stand it up. Also the tilting feature is nice however you have to take off your lincense plate or bend the plate when you want to tilt. It tilts the license plate right into the ground before the edge gets to the ground.

I bought a repostionable wheel chock and o rings for the "E" track system but haven't installed the track yet. Check out this ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-5-Repositionable-Motorcycle-Wheel-Chock-Black-Chocks_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ019QQitemZ290030746008QQrdZ1

Here are a couple of pics of someone else's 4x8 with two bikes on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts