TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my track report from Motorsports Park Hastings NE(MPH). My friends and I didn’t leave MN until 4 pm or so on Thursday. It turned out to be a 10 hour drive for us. We arrived around 2 or 3 am in NE and it was cold and rainy. On Friday not much racing was going on. My friend owns a mobile dyno so he was doing lots of work on bikes. Open track session started at 3 and went to 7 for licensed CCS racers. Stood near the track and watched all the bikes out during the open session.
Let me just point out before I forget to mention that this is a beautiful new track. Very technical and not very fast. Compared to lets say Brainerd raceway. The track was just awesome and highly recommend riding it. Everyone was very hospitable and so very glad to have us there. The owner George was working the track as well. Very nice guy and fun to chew the fat with. He also had his GT40 out on the track and did a few laps for everyone. Bathrooms were pristine and private little rooms with shower, toilet and sink. Enough about the crapper and more about the track. Hahaha
Saturday was my turn to get out on the track. Track Addix sponsored the track day and the race series. If anyone wants to do a track day these are the folks to do it with. Owned and operated by a wonderful husband and wife team (Dean and Kim). All the coaches that gave the classroom instruction were very nice and knowledgeable. The track school got LOTS of track time. 4 sessions in the morning. Then open in the afternoon to choose what group you wanted to ride with. Fast, Medium/Slow, Slow school.
While out on the track I worked on the cornering skills all day. Advice was given to me to keep it in 3rd gear and don’t touch the brakes while going around the track. This is exactly what I did. Even though at first I found it very hard to do. But as the laps went by I found myself becoming more comfy and finding my lines through the corners a lot easier. Passing was being done after a few sessions. People were very courteous of us new guys. I went out in the medium/slow group and found myself being passed by amateurs and novices at first. The nit was my turn to pass! That was the best part of the entire track day I think. I was now out stalking other riders to make my safe passes, and pass I did!!! What a rush it is hearing that twin motoring by another guy. Knowing the other rider is thinking WOW THAT TL SOUNDS GOOD PASSING!
I will include some pictures as well. I guess this is getting a bit long now so I will wrap it up. Also a side note I was the only TLR on the track and everyone wanted to know what it was. The tiller drew attention all by her self. Very fun and great bike!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Great write up! :thumbup

I'm gunna do my 2nd trackday this Friday at Pocono East Course. It's great having something as unique as the Tiller out on the racetrack and passing most other riders. I got a lot of raised eyebrows and plenty of compliments on how well I rode it for a beginner(on the track, that is).

T

·
0 Posts
The Trackaddix crew is top shelf. I've been enjoying their track days at Mid America Motorplex for a couple of years now. I think the trackday you did was the last for Hastings this year. I'll have to get out there next year. I've heard from a couple of people, including you now, that the track is quite nice. I'm glad the hospitality was good. Hastings is really excited to have that track. I gotta get out there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A track day complete with horse drawn beer :spit SWEET!

nice pics :bwtiller

1 - 4 of 4 Posts