TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi iv just watched the video and i want to know is it the same for the tlr?
as it shows it for a tls:O
i have 19000kms and it runs sweet should i evan bother?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just checked mine out over the weekend,only takes a couple of minutes to bridge the connecters at the plug and have a look and all was sweet.
why not!!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
As I've heard from very knowledgeable tuners, once you get past about 15k miles, these motors need very little work. I'm currently down to frame, motor and front end and checked the tps and synch before removing swingarm and exhaust. tps was spot on, synch was SLIGHTLY off, adjusted, then adjusted tps back into spec. All 8 valves were in spec as well, but 3 were off enough I could adjust looser.

I'm convinced. Until I throw a bearing, there isn't much work needed. Local guy had a tls die a couple weeks ago, main bearing went, 90k miles on it.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Just checked mine out over the weekend,only takes a couple of minutes to bridge the connecters at the plug and have a look and all was sweet.
why not!!
why are you bridging the connectors (unless to calibrate device of course)?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
It's nearly the same for the TLS. The TPS setting is the same. Just when you're doing the TB sync, the TLR doesn't have the air bleed screws. You can only set the throttle body balance via the linkage.

·
Registered
929 Posts
It's nearly the same for the TLS. The TPS setting is the same. Just when you're doing the TB sync, the TLR doesn't have the air bleed screws. You can only set the throttle body balance via the linkage.
Just doing my TB sync now & you just answerd my question.Thank:thumbup

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well I did the TB sync,but I still was not totally happy with the way it was still ideling.I followed all the steps & I don't think I left anything out.It was a bit hard to get the balls in the sync tool even because they bounced around so much.I tryd my best to keep the idle at 1200rpm,holding the clutch lever in to keep smooth idle because its got a TRE.
It feels better now then before ,but when I look at the balls on the sync guage,every now & then they kind of drop & rize again irregulery.
Can anything be done about this?:confused

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
In the video it says you need to make the tubes 1mm diameter ... clips on the tubes, step down holes etc etc all make them smaller to slow down the airflow and stop the gauges bouncing around ...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Oh yeh, must of missed that bit. Thanks:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts