TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
excellent question, maybe dynojet might have an answer on the correct way to set up the TPS when we install their PCII. i do not remember anything from the instructions as it has been a few years. i think i'll shoot them an e-mail and get back to you if they reply.

·
Registered
371 Posts
here's another question- my fast idle is disconnected (don't ask). can i still set my TPS correctly? i thought i read on steve's website that you can adjust the TPS with just the bars on the display... correct?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
uwjberg said:
here's another question- my fast idle is disconnected (don't ask). can i still set my TPS correctly? i thought i read on steve's website that you can adjust the TPS with just the bars on the display... correct?
You can adjust it with the throttle, you don't have to have a working fast idle lever.

It's just easier to get it from 1200 to 1400 to check that the bar rises using the fast idle lever compared to the .01mm throttle twist needed to do it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do I Need To Start Over?

I adjusted my TPS and balanced my throttle bodies today with the PCII connected, 'cause that's what someone suggested.

After reading this thread, it sounds like I may have messed up. :banghead

If I go back and reset the TPS with the PCII disconnected, will I need to rebalance the throttle bodies? Should they be balanced with the PCII connected or not? :O

Thanks

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Just leave it wimpy - if it's running ok.

The TB sync is a mechanical thing. Once it's set correctly it is right. No electronic stuff can upset it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
just leave it
if the map doesnt effect the throttle positioning then it wont matter anyway ... i know my map has zeros all across the tp page.
so it wont matter
and what does the TRE have to do with throttle position.?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
tlrboy24 said:

and what does the TRE have to do with throttle position.?
It drops the idle speed - so if you set it at 1200rpm - it's not the normal neutral 1200rpm.

·
Registered
667 Posts
i got the message back from dynojet and here is the message.
Looks like you set it with the pcII installed.

Mike,

Technically, you will want to roll the TPS so that it reads "0" when fully
closed in the PCII software. This is because we are using the PCII to make
adjustments and to be accurate in our adjustments, we need to sync it with
what the PCII will be seeing.

Thanks,

Manny Hauswirth
Technical and Race Support
Dynojet Research
www.dynojet.com
800-992-4993

·
Registered
555 Posts
OK real simple. if you have a pc plug it in then adjust your TPS. if you do it with it unplugged your tps will not be correct when you plug the pc back in after your done. your tre has no effect on the tps as it only tells the bike it is in either 5th or 6th gear. so go out plug in the pc, start the bike let it get to idle temp. switch to dealer mode etc etc....
the rpms change when u pull in the clutch due to the tre
but i dont adjust the tps with the cluch pulled in ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
russomf said:

Mike,

Thanks,

Manny Hauswirth
Dynojet Research
www.dynojet.com
800-992-4993

When Manny Hauswirth says "0" do he means when the trottle is total closed, the trottle is always a little bit open otherwise the engine dies.

The PC II software shows TP = 1 % open, 1200 rpm... is this right

·
Registered
667 Posts
jasper,
I do not think he means "0" in the literal sense but rather to set the TPS with the PCII installed on the bike. By "0" he means a relative starting or reference point with it installed. Just install the PCII and then set your TPS as you normally would. 1200 RPM middle bar 1400 RPM upper bar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
russomf said:
jasper,
I do not think he means "0" in the literal sense but rather to set the TPS with the PCII installed on the bike. By "0" he means a relative starting or reference point with it installed. Just install the PCII and then set your TPS as you normally would. 1200 RPM middle bar 1400 RPM upper bar.

JHJ

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
russomf said:

Mike,

Thanks,

Manny Hauswirth
Dynojet Research
www.dynojet.com
800-992-4993
:thumbup Good job!