TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to see if anyone knew of way to set my TPS without the instrument panel. I'm getting a terrible stutter on tip in. I've balanced the throttle bodies and still have a miss. Unfortunately during the rebuild/ repurpose I removed the busted instrument panel and have no way of seeing the "Lines" to adjusts my TPS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,366 Posts
I was wanting to see if anyone knew of way to set my TPS without the instrument panel. ......
The thread linked below doesn't give the exact TPS voltages for your TL, however it does provide the measurement points and the sensitivity you can expect to see on the voltmeter. Have a look at it. It should get you in the ballpark.

I'm sure someone has posted the voltages over the years, it's just a matter of finding them.

TPS made easier (maybe)

·
Registered
431 Posts
According to my test setup, "-C00" (TPS ok) is at about 1.107 Volts. Jumps to 'LOW' at about 1.073 Volts, and jumps to 'HIGH' at about 1.118 Volts. All voltages measured with motor stopped, at the TPS plug between Gr and B/Br. I usually set my TPS to ~1.108 Volts. Measured TPS voltages also depend on the actual +5V voltage (R to B/Br). On my test ECM it is 4.95 V.

Hope this helps...

IMG_7378.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is great! Thank you. @JoE. were these readings taken with the throttle plates fully closed (idle screw completely out) or at idle?

·
Registered
431 Posts
As can said and can be seen, measurements were taken on my test setup so there is no throttle. However, the setup is equivalent to 'throttle at idle position'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After I responded I realized you had already answered my question. Thank you very much for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts