TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son thought we should 'whore it up' with the toys in our garage over the last weekend :devious

This is all the bikes - should have moved the fuggin bucket hey :coocoo

Another

From the other side :devious

My son Jack on the TL, my YZ490 (fully rebuilt) to the left, with Jacks CR on right, and the 125 pit bike next to it :)

Had to get a close up of the recently installed Rifleman clutch cover :devious , lovely work :laugh

the 'custom' alloy checkerplate undertail :)

and finally, some ugly prick gate crashing :coocoo

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,876 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I give the **** up ............ i cant get the right size for pics :rant

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What size do photos need to be to post readable pics in a thread ? x ? :O

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Mmm. YZ490. I had it's desecendant, the '92 WR500. Take that motor and stick it in a YZ250 chassis with inverted forks and that was it. Here she is, all shiny and new, with no idea that she was going to be subjected to dozens of desert races and probably 10,000 off road miles over the next 11 years!

In her native environment. She did not fear KX500s either I might add.

Great bike once sorted. I had the cylinder ports matched and lightly tweaked, an FMF pipe on it and the head reshaped by Tom Morgan racing. Once jetted properly, it pulled like a train. It vibrated like a train too :laugh I had Race Tech suspension, with a stiffer 5.7 shock spring and .46 fork springs. It ate whoops for breakfast yet it was plush in the chop. Great suspension package. It was very stable too, especially with a Scotts mounted.

It came with stupid short 13/50 gearing. I ran 15/44 gearing for the California desert. It had legs and man did it cover ground. It was reliable too. 3rd gear finally fragged. If you could see all the rocky hills I climbed in third with the throttle wound, you would understand why :laugh Cases split, new 2nd and 3rd gears, rod kit, new crank bearings and seals, fresh top end and rode it some more. Nothing as simple as an air cooled 2 stroke.

That bike was so dialed in for serious trail riding and play racing. Lots of good memories on that old 2 stroker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts