TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys....Me and a mate are on our travels to Scotland starting 19th July. Can anyone out there recommend campsites. The plan is to ride to the Lake District, probably Keswick, then to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Loch Ness, Isle ofSkye, Fort William, and then trek back towards England. We are planning to be away for a week. I last did a similar trip in I think 2003. It was when the Foot & Mouth started, because I should have been going to the TT! It p***** down all week!! Any input would be appreciated.

W

·
0 Posts
hi Steve,

i can recommend going higher up than Fort William! I went all the way up to the north seashore (Durness), and it is heaven up there.

I only camped once though, and that was in a little town called Ullapool. Very nice camping there, at the sea.

here's a lot of pics of my trip (forget the first couple of pics :laugh )
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/open-forum/90181-final-norway-sweden-scotland-pics-ndus-sure.html

Alternate between the fast flowing A-roads, and the fantastic slow curvy single track roads. They are the best on a bike! :hail

have fun :)
Jan

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
those pics are fin sweet man

never realized Scotland was so beautiful

·
Registered
906 Posts
Been touring in Scotland a few times, even been to the upper most part, John 'O Groats and Dunnet Head. Nice ride even with two up and full luggage. You can do some fast touring, not too much stop signs or cops, only sheep.
Remember to keep the front wheel down and take some good straps for the tent. It's windy over there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If you go all the way up to Fort William and not do the roads North to Durness you are missing out the most scenic biking roads in Britain. I know, I live up here. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts