TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a 2001 TLR that I am replacing the fuel pump gasket on. The only problem is that I have no idea how much I need to tighten down the bolts hodling it in place. Does anyone know what the torque settings should be or if I even need to use a torque wrench for it? Also, I ripped the fuel pump cover when removing the pump from my tank. How important is the fuel pump cover? Thanks for the help.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Without the condom on the pump you might notice it stalling when pulling up on a low tank :dunno

If you over tighten the pump bolts, you run the risk of warping and leaking. Grab the manual for the corect sequence too. Page 4-53.

3.0ft/lbs

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help.:) My manual however does not have any illustrations nor does it mention the correct tightening sequence for the bolts. Damn these American manuals. Anyways, if you have an illustration for me that would be great. Thanks again Steve.:thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW!!!!!:eek You guys are great. Thanks for the fast reply and thank you Jasen for the illustration. Now I can definatley ride this weekend. :bwtiller

1 - 5 of 5 Posts