TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
indicated... or actuall speed?

it will indicate 175+ but the top speed in stock gearing and power plant is more like 165, maybe a bit more for a lighter and fully tucked pilot.

wayyy WAYYY to frickin fast...

I've had the R up to 165 indicated......... and then turned into a total puss, too much crap can go wrong and toss me on my head at that speed.

·
Registered
363 Posts
A little slower then the slowest tlr :laugh

·
Registered
389 Posts
Had mine up to 157 mph on radar then pussed out still had a lil more to go.................oh yeah with stock gearing too

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
WENT TO 165 speedo corredted then pussed out that is as fast as i will ever need to go...also just for those who want to know that is 142 feet per second.....decided i didn't want to think about any kind of get off....nothing but a grease smeer would've been left...rarely go over 130 now....plenty fast enough for me...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
when the tls came first came out. performance bikes magazine had them doing just over 160 i do belive.... i've had mine flat out. mirrors tucked in ass in the air to smooth the air flow.....just over 175 on the clock.....:) she wouldn't go any faster.....would guess getting about 165+ real speed with the mods i have.....:devious :laugh

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've seen 180 indicated with stock gearing, on my R. Since I've dropped a tooth in the rear and installed a speedo healer I've seen 170...

·
Registered
93 Posts
a good tls will do a real 165 mph...175 or so indicated..as above plenty fast enough..took mine to 170 on clock ..still pulling..but i slowed down..cruising at 100+ is the most enjoyable:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
ummm... i've had my R to an indicated 183 right before i tapped the rev limiter in 6th. but i am +5 on the rear sprocket soooo:O anybody smarter than me care to give a ballpark on what my speed might have been. i'm figuring mid 160s??

oh and this was in a tanktop and motcross helmet:dowhat i really do not recommend popping your head out of full tuck doing that speed with a dirtbike helmet it tends to strain your neck jut a tad:laugh but am i the only one that wants to push it further?? my next planned bike is a 03-04 GSXR with a supercharger kit, i really want to bust the double ton club

·
Registered
186 Posts
i almost forgot. one other thing i learned about that top speed run. i'm not sure if its because of the extra multiplication form the +5 on the rear but when i bumped into the the rev limiter the sudden loss in power scared me as it unsettled the chassis a bit. the TL motor seems to build power right into the limiter cause i could feel it still accelerating all the way to the cut off with no perceptable peak or drop in power before hand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts