TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my favourite show has been unplugged for a while whilst investigations behind Richard Hammond's crash are conducted.

Richard Hammond has spoken for the first time since the accident:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=147192

Bloody amazing!

:)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Good news from todays paper...
Hammond gets a " 2 year golden handcuffs deal to keep him with the bbc"

and Hammond " wants to resume his career as soon as possible and has bosses backing him all the way"

Doesnt specifically mention the return of Top Gear.:O

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
The world is full of letigous pussies. Reason for the crash? He went fast. Sh!t happened. He crashed. Why do they need to make an Inquisition out of it? I dont see them suspending MotoGP when someone crashes :O

Bah ... I'm going to go run around the house holding scissors ...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Kamikuza said:

i would also strongly advise you to store your rollerskates on your stairs............:)

P

·
0 Posts
Kamikuza said:
The world is full of letigous pussies. Reason for the crash? He went fast. Sh!t happened. He crashed. Why do they need to make an Inquisition out of it? I dont see them suspending MotoGP when someone crashes :O

:stupid

Although, riding jet powered dragsters is a proven way to decrease the lifespan.

Not long ago that 17 y.o girl died in one either.
R.I.P.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Putte ... so what? She knew the risks unless she was so totally naive she had no idea what she was doing & if that was the case she shouldn't have gotten behind the wheel!
Don't get me wrong - I can empathize with her, her family etc & with all the people who die doing whatever they enjoy simply because of a cunjunction of bad bloody luck.

But to go sifting through the wreckage to find some evidence that will support their claims of innocence so those gutless pukes can have someone ELSE to pin the blame on ... just f*ck off!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:stupid

You know the risks, you can't complain.

You're naive and don't know the risks, you still can't complain. :coocoo

:laugh

"My very last thought was, `Oh bugger, that's gone wrong. Well, we're checking out now. You've had it,'" Hammond said.

:lol

P

·
0 Posts
Kamikuza said:
Putte ... so what? She knew the risks unless she was so totally naive she had no idea what she was doing & if that was the case she shouldn't have gotten behind the wheel!
Don't get me wrong - I can empathize with her, her family etc & with all the people who die doing whatever they enjoy simply because of a cunjunction of bad bloody luck.

But to go sifting through the wreckage to find some evidence that will support their claims of innocence so those gutless pukes can have someone ELSE to pin the blame on ... just f*ck off!
She was 17, What does a 17 year old know about risks??
I was imortal at 17. there was nothing that could touch me, and its a damn wonder I survived my teen in one piece. Trusting a teenager to make a accurate risk management, that's naive if anything...

And, WTF is your problem?? :O
I made a mention that a Jet dragster killed another driver not long ago. It wasnt a statment not dooing it, I couldnt care less if people put 3 jet engines to a car and blew it to the stratoshpe.

You get into a jet dragster, you crash, you live, wtf is there to investigate??
The fact Hammond survived more or less wihtout a scratch?? It sure cant be that he crashed...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
PutteLiten, I understand your reaction. But there's certainly a fair chance that the parrents of that girl said she was doing a dangerous sport. If she done it a fair time she probably has seen that it can be very dangerous! So mind, she might really have been concious about how wrong it could go..

This kinda stuff worries me. How will we live in another 10 years if it al keeps going like this? And by this I mean they wan't to minimalize every risk. Of course in general it's a good idea. But people themselves have to minimalize that risk, not by making it impossible to take any risk!

6 eggs, qualityblabla
weightclass blabla
allergy information: contains egg :confused :banghead :coocoo

You know what I mean? Last weekend I rode with some people and 1 of them is an instructor. He said 70% of all accidents happen in house, what are you gonna do.. be homeless?

P

·
0 Posts

I don't like either if they should remove the posssibility for risk taking. That would be plain booring.

But I do belive a step-up in risks.
But then again, there where probably a thousand different things that could have killed me in my youth, things that we only laughed at. And, still do...

Falling of a halfblood in full speed headfirst might give you a bruise, next time you fall of the horce standing still you break your arm... (done preciely this). Either time could have been my neck, but that never stopped me from riding, either horce or bike. (havent been on a horce for ages though... unpredictable bastards... :laugh )

Practice usualy lessens the risks, but there's always a risk for fatality when going faster than walking.

Anyway....
Good to see Hammond in good shape :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts