TLZone Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well, probably not an RS tail, although I do like the look of it. I'm undecided, but leaning toward a late model GSXR tail. If you have photos of how you handled the wiring on yours, I am interested in seeing them. Was there a build thread?
No build thread and the wiring was done by SparkyMarky to keep everything as standard as possible so if her ladyship ever wanted to go on it I could put the original back end straight back on ish

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice one Toddy!!!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Well done toddy, she is looking good mate.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Cheers everyone, unfortunately disaster struck on Tuesday. I took the bike to Cadwell for a trackday and the ratchet strap cracked the front of the seat unit oh bugger. Great day though and the bike handled spot on with the CBR6 back shock.:)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Cheers everyone, unfortunately disaster struck on Tuesday. I took the bike to Cadwell for a trackday and the ratchet strap cracked the front of the seat unit oh bugger. Great day though and the bike handled spot on with the CBR6 back shock.:)
thats a shame mate , must be feel good winning tl of the month , another 5 k and ill get there lol

·
Registered
562 Posts
thats a shame mate , must be feel good winning tl of the month , another 5 k and ill get there lol
The official engagements haven't stopped since mate:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
My old Aprilia 650 had a cast muffler hanger that mounted approximately by the rearsets, and followed the exhaust pipe to finally support the mufflers. It wasn't the lightest, but it did work. Your bike would look really incredible without any muffler supports from the subframe.

Alternatively, some kind of compromise. For instance, make a small aluminum truss of 3 small rods and cross-braces to go from behind the rear-sets to the muffler, then a really small rod from above (assuming that adding the truss would let you get away with a much smaller support that what's there now). On the other side you could integrate some kind of chainguard.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts