TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
No! Passwords are there to be kept secret, not to be given away.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
115 Posts
What do you need a sniping site for?

Just open the auction in two different windows or tabs in Firefox, and click bid now in one and enter an amount that is slightly higher than what you think others will bid and click bid again. This should bring you to the final window before you submit it. Then go back to the first auction window/tab and refresh the shit out of it until it reaches 5-10 seconds. Go back to the other window and hit submit. Blammo! The auction is yours.

And now that you know my sniping secrets, I'll have to kill you..... :thumbup

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And now that you know my sniping secrets, I'll have to kill you..... :thumbup
I hope you're not the one that stole my account :laugh

Actually, it'd be good for the occasions that I can't be over my computer, watching the auction and waiting for the time to follow your (good otherway) advice :)
So, someone else would do it for me the rigth time........

·
Registered
790 Posts
I still don't understand the point of sniping.

It's simple, all you do is decide on the max you are willing to pay, done deal. :O

But eh, whatever bloats your goat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My account was stolen just last week.
And they end my auction early for my bike early, then relisted 7 additional times. Whats bad is I had about 14hours left and the bid was $3500,I wanted $5200,I think I would had gotten it.

So I say keep your ebay account info in a very safe place.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Been using hammersnipe for years..no problems
And you get 3 free snipes per week...i usually win all auctions i snipe..unless it goes over my max amount...

hammersnipe.com

·
Registered
813 Posts
I still don't understand the point of sniping.

It's simple, all you do is decide on the max you are willing to pay, done deal. :O

But eh, whatever bloats your goat.
The reason is that noone has time to outbid you.....i find that if i bid on something it is usually outbid in 2 minutes...with a sniper no one sees the bids coming till the last 15 seconds....works everytime...

·
Registered
790 Posts
See that's the point I was making. I put my max bid in the beginning, if someone outbids me then it's out of my price range anyways. I do this, and yeah sometimes sniping will drive up the price in the last 10-15 seconds, but as long as it's still within my price range, I win. I don't have to counter and go on a bidding war. Enter max, ebay automatically bids for me until it's out of my price range.

But yeah, we got different ways of doing it. :cheers

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
esnipe has had all my personal info for years

Been using hammersnipe for years..no problems
And you get 3 free snipes per week...i usually win all auctions i snipe..unless it goes over my max amount...

hammersnipe.com
+1

they still havent narc'd me out :laugh

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My account was stolen just last week.
And they end my auction early for my bike early, then relisted 7 additional times. Whats bad is I had about 14hours left and the bid was $3500,I wanted $5200,I think I would had gotten it.

So I say keep your ebay account info in a very safe place.
Do you have any idea of what happened and how they got your password? :O
Did you fill any of those phising messages and gave your personal information ?

·
Registered
627 Posts
only open source for me

jbidwatcher.com

have been using for a year now. :coocoo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts