TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the TLS is finally getting it's well deserved makover. Currently the frame and wheels are getting powdercoated satin black. The fairings are getting sprayed Jet Black...

I'm hung up on spraying or powdercoating the fuel tank...What to y'all reckon??

Cheers,
Kiwi
:O

·
Registered
878 Posts
Spray, the powder will not match the spray and the tank is far too close to the plastics so the difference WILL be noticeable.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Spray. The tank really needs to match the plastics.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the help guys. Spraying it is...booth is setup in the basement, and the wife loves it...Just a little more body work needs to be done to fix the previous stealerships botch job...Why the hell use metal plates and glue to fix panels when glassing is easier and stronger???...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Cool, thanks for the help guys. Spraying it is...booth is setup in the basement, and the wife loves it...Just a little more body work needs to be done to fix the previous stealerships botch job...Why the hell use metal plates and glue to fix panels when glassing is easier and stronger???...
Yikes, I hope you have an air-fed respirator...

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you kidding me...I just got married so I'm killing as many brain cells as possible...rather than wait for the inevitable;-)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
why would you even concider powder coating tank?It would have to be in perfect condition.I don't think p/c will stick to filler or primer.i may be wrong though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts