TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ill keep my mouth shut for now on becouse its APPLE with both :drool gotta get one :hail

watched this last night on TV.
you now can have both on the APPLE you just choose which to run at start up. (can not run both at once)

We feature the new solution to the eternal struggle between Macs and Windows
http://cybershack.com/news.php?id=50

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
That's irrelevant as you have to run it on a Mac anyway & it's the goddam Macintosh we all hate - the MacOS is just the icing on the cake that you really want to pull off & hide behind the potted Aspidespra but your grandmother is watching you closely cos she baked the cake specially ...

Well you get the point - Macintoshes are a bad joke that just wont go away.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Kamikuza said:
That's irrelevant as you have to run it on a Mac anyway & it's the goddam Macintosh we all hate - the MacOS is just the icing on the cake that you really want to pull off & hide behind the potted Aspidespra but your grandmother is watching you closely cos she baked the cake specially ...

No I've had a lot of success on my Mac's over the last 15 years or so. :O Please don't tell Bill Gates that I am out of line or he'll automatically install and run something on my computer that will turn it into his machine. :dowhat

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Kamikuza said:

really? i haven't seen any pc's winning design or innovation awards :O

-:banana

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Kamikuza said:

I don't know what your talking about...their recent equipment is sweeeeet. It's always been that stupid childrens coloring book OS that I can't stand. Their monitors freaking rock. I would be tempted to pick one up that I can run my other OS's on now that they'll let me.

I've been thinking lately...it's odd how everyone attacked MS for their monopoly. However no one even thought about Apple. MS runs on every computer that will let them. MacOS runs on a MAC. IBM based computers could run just about any piece of hardware on the market. Until recently, you could only put Apple hardware in Apple computers. You couldn't just pick up any software and run it on a Mac, it had to be designed for a Mac. Kind of seems like they weren't so unmonopolistic either.

Bah...all the OS's suck. Linux is nice and secure, but still isn't easy enough to use for the masses, MacOS is just wierd and insulting, and MSWindows is....well, we all know what it is. One day we'll have the ideal OS.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The Mac OS X is reliable, elegant, and intuitive; I cannot say the same for Windows based upon my experience, but if people prefer it, more power to them. I definitely don't see the need for any vitriol or invective on either side of the divide.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Bring back Windows 3.1 :hail

S

·
0 Posts
Macs Rule

Macs flat out bury any windows OS machine no question! Ask me how much spyware and viruses i have on my Mac?? Zero because the junk does not exsist on Macs.

Here's 1 of my rigs, i record 72 channels of audio in this thing every night of the week
and could watch a DVD, import a CD into itunes, download a PDF all at the same time
show me a windows computer that'll do that:)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Steve TLS said:
Bring back Windows 3.1 :hail
Or better yet DOS 6.2!:banana
Or what about the ol vic 20?, or commodore 64!, I had an amiga 500 and it rocked!

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Apple is on the gas. They saw Intel stepping up their product line and signed on. Now Macs have easily upgradeable and better processors.

Apple is also continuing to innovate in their portable entertainment devices. It started with iPod and continues, now they are talking about iMovies.

I like what Apple is doing so much that I bought some shares of their stock awhile back. It has been up nicely since :)

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Sully said:
Macs flat out bury any windows OS machine no question! Ask me how much spyware and viruses i have on my Mac?? Zero because the junk does not exsist on Macs.

Here's 1 of my rigs, i record 72 channels of audio in this thing every night of the week
and could watch a DVD, import a CD into itunes, download a PDF all at the same time
show me a windows computer that'll do that:)

That stuff doesn't exist for Macs because the guys that write it don't waste time with machines that are only in 2 out of 100 households or 1 out of 1000 businesses.

BTW, that thing better be able to do all that crap at the same time, cause it is so freaking big it requires an EIA standard 19" rack case with WHEELS to hold it...:laugh

·
Registered
945 Posts
Davcruz said:
That stuff doesn't exist for Macs because the guys that write it don't waste time with machines that are only in 2 out of 100 households or 1 out of 1000 businesses.
Kind of like owing a TL vs a GSXR. Cool. :)

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I've always loved Macs, but stopped using them a few years ago due to the limited ability to upgrade the internals and software availability. Can Macs now operate Windows-based software with no other upgrades needed? If so, I will re-convert.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
i have never used a mac but i am growing to HATE windows. this XP is the biggest turd i have ever used. how hard is linux for some one to use if they have questionable pc ability?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Aredubu said:
I've always loved Macs, but stopped using them a few years ago due to the limited ability to upgrade the internals and software availability. Can Macs now operate Windows-based software with no other upgrades needed? If so, I will re-convert.
I have an application called VirtualPC for Mac that runs WindowsXP Pro (I think) on my PowerBook G4. It makes it possible to run Windows-based software and to connect to Windows only networks with a Mac. Unfortunately it was not free and I never use it. It is very weird though to see that creepy Window's wheat field desktop on a Mac. :confused

·
14,150 Posts
Holy freaking hard drives Sully! Nice setup. I don't do that type of work so that setup would be lost on me.

I've had the mispleasure of having to support someone's Mac and all it did was drive me into a fury of Mac hate worse than I had before. Trying to find stuff on the Mac was impossible without having to use the kludgy finder thing. Some things were very easy, but being a techie, trying to get past the "Made for an idiot" panels and to get into the custom settings was a huge pain.

I have a Linux box and I'd not reccomend it for the average joe who doesn't like hassling with computers. Fedora is what I'm currently running at home and it's the closest thing that comes to Linux for the average computer user, but it's not there yet. Getting really close, but I still won't give it my stamp of approval. I'll use it sure, but I wouldn't install it on my mother in law's computer.....or would I?:devil

·
14,150 Posts
:stupid indeed. I like the one about being ready out of the box. The PC is looking for the rest of it's body in other boxes! :laugh

1 - 20 of 76 Posts