TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this subject has probaly been beating dead. but who uses both the zone and planet, anyone. and if so what are the benafits other then more eyes, and who runs the site anyone know. just wondering. if u ask me i dont use the planet. i have tried to think of a reason but just cant.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I used to be mostly on the Planet. Actually, ALL older members were Planet members because there was no TLZone in the past. After the mess, I merged to the Zone and actually never looked back because the planet was down...

Till few months ago, when I found out that the planet was running again...

I check the Planet everynow and then, but time is an issue... so basically I do 75% zone and 25% planet....

The planet seems to be running normally, so I guess they are all the same... only problem is that most planet members came to the Zone and now they are used to the Zone... so poor planet has less viewers.. I think...

Later

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...Jiffypark(.com) now runs TLPlanet (and he's a good guy:thumbup)... most merged here and some use both but due to the problems with the former owner - the new TLP doesn't get near as much traffic...

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
:stupid

Jiffy is a great guy though like Bx said.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet just checking

thanks for all comments

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
i dont use either!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
me too.

jiffys a good guy and at least doug is a mod on both sites.

lets see what google sez...

hmmm.. tlplanet wins. still. all the traffic is at the zone. :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I use both as well, why not?

·
Moderator,
8,244 Posts
As I see it there's not a TLP vs. TLZ thing. If both boards are up and running strong we have twice the resources to choose from. TLZ has been getting a fair share of newbies of late and Jiffy is doing a real good job running things. It's a little slow now and then but go visit anyways if you haven't been there for awhile. Hey, this is your chance to be a big fish in a little pond. :)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
TLP seems to be really slow.. i just wish they would merge again.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
actually you may want to try them now. they just got a new server.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
havent been there since tim screwed us over :rant
but since jiffy is running it maybr it is worth a look :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I origionally sign up on TLP but the next day when i went to go to it I couln'd remember the name so I did a couple searches and found TLZ thinking it was TLP until I heard members here mention TLP and its probs.

·
Registered
618 Posts
100% here....I've got no reason to go anywhere else. I checked it a while back, 4 or 5 names that go to both sites that I recognized, about 3 names I recognized that don't come here, and the rest were all new. If I can't get the info. here, well I just won't get it.

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
763 Posts
tl1000lasse said:
havent been there since tim screwed us over :rant
but since jiffy is running it maybr it is worth a look :)
+1 to this. I actually havent been here much either, since I sold my TLS. Had to get away for awhile. Mostly on SBN now. More locals over there.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I go to the planet pretty regularly, however, I am no longer a mod over there. Rob is a good guy and Rupes is a mod, he is a good guy too. I enjoy both, but this one keeps me around a lot, keeping up.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I look at it like I would not have a Yahoo email address and a Hotmail email address. I'd rather just have one place where I can get all of my info. For me, that one place is the Zone. But I have absolutely nothing against the new TLP. Although I could see where a single TL community would be of everyone's benefit. And I guess to some degree that is what is happening with TLZ. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 39 Posts