TLZone Forums banner

TLZone Pucks Around the World!

68K views 190 replies 40 participants last post by  deltl1ks 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have an idea. This is what I'm thinking about:

I'm gonna get a new set of sliders soon. I want them to see as many tracks around the world in 1 year as possible and then give them away to a lucky "TLZone Pucks Around the World!" participant.

In other words, I'm gonna start at NHIS(I'll buy the the pucks) on September 20th. I'll wear them for one session and take them off. I will send a little notebook to travel with the pucks. I will sign and date the notebook, and write down the track they were used on. Maybe a blurb of some sort too(what bike you were riding or something like that?).

Then send them to someone else at a different track, say... OldTLSDoug, Misfire, or GixxerJasen in Texas. They do the same, just one session at whatever track they ride. Then they send them to the next person... and so on and so forth....

Now... try not to be an ass and wear them for the whole trackday and end up shagging them. You will be the most hated person on this good green Earth! Just one session and put your own pucks back on. In other words... you just need put them to the track surface at least once on each side, you don't need to go crazy and jam them down in every turn all day long!

Now obviously this is gonna cost a little bit for someone to send them to the next person, so don't volunteer if you are too cheap to pay to send them to the next guy!

At the end of a year (Say Next September 1st, 2007), I'll have some kind of drawing where we pick one of the particpants(one of the guys that put the pucks to their track) and the pucks get sent to them as their prize!

I don't know... draw straws... pick numbers.... whatever... I'll figure something out to determine the winner(my idea, I bought the pucks, so I get to figure out how to pick the winner :p ). So the person at the end of the line is ultimately responsible for getting the pucks to the winner. So don't double cross all of us! That is the second way to become the most hated SOB in the world, by breaking the chain! This is something that depends entirely on trust that someone is going to keep it moving and ultimately end properly.

Couple more things... obviously lets try not to send to people that have a trackday in 2 months, because... guesss what? you just wasted 2 months where the pucks could be touring other tracks around the world! Plus, try not to bounce back and forth between the same countries/continents as well. Shipping them back and forth over those distances takes up more time. In other words, don't ship to the UK then to Austrailia, then back to the UK, then back to Austrailia.... you get the picture?

Make sure to take a picture of you wearing the pucks in front of your bike or in front of the entrance to your track or something like that and post it up so all of us can enjoy the pucks on tour as it unfolds!

Well what do you guys think? Is there any interest in doing something like this? Post up and say you are interested only if we can DEPEND on you to actually follow through with your part of the job! If I think there is enough interest... I'll get it started next month!

Bob

----------------------------------------------------

Edit by Steve TLS:

Progress
Motorsports Ranch, Cresson Texas
Phillip Island, Victoria AU
Mallala, South Australia
Barbagallo, Western Australia
Queensland Raceway, Queensland Australia
Eastern Creek, New South Wales

See less See more
#2 ·
Fantastic idea Lion :thumbup

#3 ·
well not to worry, if you send them to me I'll touch them down as lightly as possible, it will be almost as if they never touched the tarmac at all.

"hey, just trying to take off as little as possible, trying to make them last for everyone"

(that's ma story, and I'ma stickin' to it)

and I just happen to know that it cost $4.05 USD to ship a pair of pucks USPS priority from Illinois to TX

#5 ·
I've got trackdays at Thunderhill raceway in Northern California on the 28-29th of this month. Hurry up and send 'em! My girl will be riding too, so she can also have them kiss the tarmac.

#6 ·
I'll be doing track days at:

Mallala (north of Adelaide), South Australia
Mac Park, Mount Gambier, South Australia
Phillip Island, Victoria

:devious

#7 ·
You send them down to Texas and we'll each take a session.

Though I wouldn't send them to Doug. He can't keep his knee off the ground and is averaging two trackdays per set of pucks! :coocoo

#8 ·
Yep, I can scuff, them, but I might just toss a set of my old one's in :coocoo

If I ran them one session, I might not hurt them much. How about Thursday? Friday or Saturday. Glad to play Bob, let me know.

#9 ·
I won't have a trackday until Sept 20th. If someone else wants to start it right now.... grab a NEW set of pucks and tell us that YOU are the one that is starting the chain.

Anyone willing to get them going sooner than me? You gotta buy the pucks though!! :laugh

Any takers? Doug you want to start? We can work together to pick the winner at the end :)

#13 ·
Bob,

Send them to me and I will have them scuffed within a week of getting them, and we could send them to Steve. I would love to scuff a set on PI. Woo Hoo.

Or I could just buy a set and start it off. What do you think?

#14 ·
Would you be gracious enough to buy a set? Or do you have a new set ready to go already? I was going to buy them cuz I was gonna start it on Sept 20th at NHIS. It would make sense for whoever starts the first rash on them to buy them.... cuz I wouldn't want to send them before I scuffed them anyway.

What do you think? If we want to wait... I'll buy them :)

#16 ·
put me down for 07 too this year is pretty jamed up. Although I could get the down on the curves around my house. :)

#17 ·
Rifleman sent me a set of Joe Rocket pucks. He has officially donated the "Pucks Around the world" I will scuff the virgin pucks following a photo op on Saturday. Let me know where they go next. I will be scuffing at Motorsports Ranch Cresson Texas, it will be 100 degrees or so outside. Woo Hoo!

#18 · (Edited)
Glad I can help, sounds pretty kewl, wanted to be a part of it.

be sure to include as much info in the log as you can. It will chronical the "traviling pux" story.

the Date and track, the rider and machine. Time of day, temp, humidity, weather. Track conditions... Comments, observations, ancidotes... Condition the pucks were recieved in, and condition they were sent on their way.

Remember you are writing a piece of a story...

Lion, cuz this is your baby, it would be a good Idea to set up and maintain a calandar with the people, the track day, and their addresses so that we know where they are going and when they need to be at the next spot, this is going to take some ligistics to make it work.

hope you have some open space in your PM box

#20 ·
Squid Squad meeting Saturday! WOo HoO!

#21 ·
This sounds like a very cool idea.If you send them to me I can run around my garage and drag them on the ground.HaHa:laugh :laugh :laugh

#22 ·
hans3161 said:
This sounds like a very cool idea.If you send them to me I can run around my garage and drag them on the ground.HaHa:laugh :laugh :laugh
Touching them down ON THE BELT SANDER doesn't count:laugh

#23 ·
OldTLSDoug said:
Squid Squad meeting Saturday! WOo HoO!
You got the Squid Squad, I've got the Squid Fest. A GSXR only track day at Phillip Island Friday, 29th Sept.

(And to think I was going to Eastern Creek on the 6th Oct to ride the TLS :banghead)

#24 ·
Send them out to Denver anytime and I'll get some Colorado grindage on 'em for ya :thumbup

I'm going to IMI in Erie on monday, but pretty darn certain I'll be going back plenty, so just let me know!

#26 ·
Oh i can scarp a track or two up here in canada next spring.. I'm thinking my last track day this year might be next week. (hopefully on the new race TLR)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.