TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some subtle changes:

Find an 03-04 ZX6R, take the mirrors and passenger pegs (always on ebay).

The mirrors fit in 2 minutes with the Dremel, and the view is much better than stock. I like these better than the condom covered ZX9 mirrors. They have the metal stalk, similar to the stock mirrors.

A couple of hours with the grinder and buffer will get you some good looking exhaust hangers too.

I'd add more pics, but it's just too damn much effort.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Yeah they looks much better thas stock ones and the view is as good as the stocker... I have bigger pics if you want.

Today I'm going to start my top joke handlebar conversion so.... very soon the mirrors, and fairing bracket will be on the for sale forum:devious

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Nice Paul... I have to cut the fairings also, but I like the way TL-moose or Fiche Man didi it... keeping the windscreen a bit more high. About mirrors , I'm going to mount it on the handlebars, on a conventional position I bought this model

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Bimati, my mirrors are not kawi , they're aftermarket and cheeperones. Also I think only the first ZX serias has the rubber cover . Anyway they looks sweet

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tlexup,

Yeah, I like your mirrors too. I think the only difference is the stalks....oh, and mine are aftermarket cheaper ones too...The package just said 03-04 ZX6R.

Take care,
Bim.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:banghead More expense for the winter mod' session, I like the ZX-6 ones :)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
love what U did with the passengerpegs/exhausthangers :hail

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks! Here's a closeup of the hangers...just sat down in front of the grinder with a pot of coffee and got busy (with the grinder) until my hands went numb.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
yea, but the zx is only a single can, were did you get the left side hanger?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DooooooooD,

Like the post says, these are the passenger footpeg hangers from a ZX6R.... both left and right. The right one also happens to hang the ZX6R single exhaust can.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
oh yea....I sometimes forget people have passenger pegs on bikes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts