TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been beat to death,But I got caught in a rain storm this past saturday and my bike basicly ran like crap,with sputtering,backfireing,and it seemed liked the bike was only running on 1 cylinder.What causes this and what can be done to prevent it,thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
Clearly water is getting into the electronics. Using Dielecrtic grease on all of the connections will help. Beyond that, rewraping exposed parts of the harness with elect. tape.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
On the front cylinder, there is a water drain hole on the left side. This must not be clogged.
Also check that the spark plug rubber cover is mounted as it should (arrow points to exhaust).
Another typical point for the TLS are the electrical connectors above the right ramair. Check the connectors for corrosion.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Moderator,
8,250 Posts
:stupid Pretty well covers it. You might also trim just a bit off the wire after unscrewing the end, and screw the end back on. Use something to give you a good seal between the wire and end cap. someone made a bit of a deflector shield to keep water off the front plug when it rained as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi,had same prob few months ago.turned out,front cylinder plug cap lead was touching back off radiator and shorting out, i moved radiator forward as far as i could on mount,then unscrewed cap from ht lead,trimed about 5 mm off lead then screwed cap back on,then fitted to plug making sure all rubers seated properly,no probs since!!!! hope this helps

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
You can try silicone stopcock grease on the rubber parts for the high-voltage, and dielectric grease on all the other low-voltage connectors.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
When I bought my bike 6 weeks ago, I rode it home in the rain and I couldn't believe how badly it ran...was good on test ride.

I haven't ridden it since as I have been away and now will do these remedies as a preventative measure.

I had a TLS track bike previously and it was fine in the rain...I was spluttery and missed a bit when doing track days in the rain

Silicone Stopcock grease might have been what I needed to stop the balls from retracting!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts