TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the tls rear subframe fit a tlr? will the fairings bolt up correctly? the original owner of my bike chopped the subframe a few inches after the pilot's seat. so i need a new one. everyone i have found for a tlr people tend to want an arm and a leg for.

one other quicky:
is it true that everything that bolts up to a haybusta will bolt up to the tlr? (other than exhaust i know the bolt pattern is different)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I'm almost positive they will not interchange...frames are completely different as well as subframes.

no, not everything that goes on a 'bus will go on a TL. wheels, calipers, front rotors, I think forks if but would require the ugly busa fender and probably lots of little stuff.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
call me a cheap ass but i was hoping to pick one up a little less than that. i had pmed one of the guys on the forum about one of his, but he's slow to respond.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...the TLS subframe should mount to the TLR main frame but you will need TLS tail plastics for it also...
***This is a pic that was posted from TLP before...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn that's hot. i gotta ask though.... where's the trunk?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
That looks like a photoshop job .

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...its not photochop...also if you look close you can see the supertrapp exhaust's coming right off the block (which is where RatedR-TLR got the idea from for his bike)...

We'er going to be doing this to a friends TLR over the winter this year and we'll be using one of N2wheelies gap mod trays (its also got the removable hump just like a TLR tail section)...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some of the guys over at tlp say that putting the s subframe on is going to lower the ride hiegth? you think it will? will rha's fix this problem? or tail risers?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
oh my im liking that mod :) now to find a complete tls rear end in the uk in black :/

some of the guys over at tlp say that putting the s subframe on is going to lower the ride hiegth? you think it will? will rha's fix this problem? or tail risers?
ride hight no maybe the seat hight but that i doubt the pillion seat looks a tad lower but taht could be overcome with maybe risers or adding an inch to the subframe lower mounts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I have TLS Subframe for $75.00 + shipping if anybody wants it for the conversion. :devious

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think i've sent you multiple pms on it. my last one was $75 shipped and we're good to go.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
:laugh Yeah trying to get someone to pay the shipping. I just sent you a PM

I'll do 100.00 shipped. I'll check on shipping if not too much I'll do it.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Where are you located?

I've got an imperfect TLR subframe (from the eBay race bike) I want to get rid of.

Its problems are:
It's been drilled for an additional heavy steel brace that goes down to the bolts for the rotary damper mounts. Previous owner must have been REALLY heavy or paranoid or something? And there's some black overspray on it.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
:)

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
I don't like that S rear on an R. I've seen it before and it just doesn't match the rest of the bike. It looks like a photochop simply because it looks so mismatched. :no

The seat height might change if that's what you mean by ride height, but the geometry of the bike wouldn't change. Changing the sub frame doesn't affect the rear damper mounts or anything else that affects the main geometry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts