TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Your help, guidance and wealth of knowledge is sorely needed if you could please as I need to get started on sorting the suspension out on my 98 TLS.

My start point is the forks. I don't know if they have been serviced at all but want to start as if they haven't and whilst i'm at it change the springs to suit me. I weigh 93kg without gear so from what I've read i should be looking at putting 1.kg springs in? Can anyone recommend a brand to go with and also a workshop that will carry out the service and spring swap please? and will i need to tune the valving?

My end game is tackling the rear set up. I've seen loads of threads on different setups but my budget is tight so i want to go with the best result for my money.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

cheers

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
These are who I used, sent off my forks, told them the all up weight - me, kit - carrying etc. type of riding.........

They will do new seals, oil etc for you too.

Wilbers UK
22 Mount Street
Halesowen
West Midlands
B63 4NU
Phone: 0121 501 3321
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are who I used, sent off my forks, told them the all up weight - me, kit - carrying etc. type of riding.........

They will do new seals, oil etc for you too.

Wilbers UK
22 Mount Street
Halesowen
West Midlands
B63 4NU
Phone: 0121 501 3321
Email: [email protected]
Thanks for your reply Ted. (y)

Did they change the valving when doing yours?

·
Premium Member
6,830 Posts
Can't remember. I think I just asked them to do what was needed to achieve my stated goals. Mind you, I started with an uprated set anyway. They were from a limited edition GSXR750 "TT" version with radial caliper mountings. I don't think the forks were particularly different from the 2007 GSXR750 (standard) though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts