TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with the Coerce style sprocket cover on their TLS (i just put mine on - from Van, thanks man), did you leave your clutch worm drive mechanism exposed? :O
I dont really like the idea of it being open to collecting shit and f%#$cking it up :rant
so i was thinking of trimming the stock cover to just cover the worm drive :devious

What have the rest of you done ? :confused

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...mine's open, just clean it out frequently or mod something to cover it...

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Your looking at it backwards

Did you notice how dirty is was under your stock cover? Do you really think that the outside enviroment is more harsh than under that stock cover. Now the dirt gets thrown out, instead of collecting under the cover. I thought about making a small cap cover for it once, but that was only for cosmetic reasons.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vandriver said:
Did you notice how dirty is was under your stock cover? Do you really think that the outside enviroment is more harsh than under that stock cover. Now the dirt gets thrown out, instead of collecting under the cover. I thought about making a small cap cover for it once, but that was only for cosmetic reasons.

Good point - hadnt thought about it that way - thats why forums like this are so :thumbup cause you get thoughts from all angles :)

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
That's perhaps valid for regions where it never rains. If it gets soaked with water and washes out the grease, that's not so good.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I left mine open. (It collected more crud open than covered, it sort of sat in the dimple in the cover). But I think it was Burncycle and N2Wheelies covered theirs, chair leg bung, I think for N2 and unknown for Bernie, he just "found something".

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Yep... I found a white cap with no threads in the garage. I have no idea what its from but it slid over it perfectly and hasn't moved (been almost two years I believe). The transformation from white to black was done by Sharpie. :laugh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts