TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mates,
I'm in the process to modify the TLS fork by using TLR valves + TLR spring + appropriate spacers ( like the ones used in Hayabusa forks as Old Doug Guru mentioned ). I also plan to " revalve " the original TLR valve . What would you guys recommend as the the correct stacking for the shims and what thickness should they mesure for track day purpose only. ( Please measurements in mm only coz i'm not familiar with inches...):)

Thanks
Mighty_V2

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I would suggest you read the links I posted in TLSdougs thread on revalving the forks. You can take the stock valving apart and change the shims but changing the entire stack with the stock valve would not be a great idea, instead I would assymble the forks as you are intending and then use the adjuster needle to guide you as to what has to be added to the various shim stacks. The object is to get the action on the fork with the adjuster in the middle of the range, if you have to screw it all the way in then start adding shims to the bottom of the stack which is the largest washer and use the same diameter and thickness of the stock one until you can back the adjuster out to the middle of its range. You are going to wind up taking the forks apart several times in order to get the valving just right.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Listen to Doug, he knows about valving :coocoo

I am lazy I buy mine, too much work for me. GP Suspension can fix you up.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Or for a reasonable price you can get a shim stack for the rebound valve, new needles for rebound and compression and a new compression piston and shim stack from GP Suspension as a kit, it works well and is what TLSdoug used and I have installed in the race bike I wrench on.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Hard to top the stockers with new valving. GSXR Showa's + revalve will cost you more I'd bet.:coocoo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts