TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Bitubo in and bolted up at the top of the fram, but I can't seem to get the Ziggy Ride Height Adjuster and the 3 Bearing/Linkage part to match back up correctly. The suspension link fell on the ground during removal and I can't seem to figure out how to exactly put it in correctly so the Bitubo,Linkage, and Ziggy Adjuster all match up.

Anyone got a picture? That would be worth the proverbial 1000 words!

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Only in your dreams.

I would rather walk in the rain with a TLS seat cowl on my head than ride a TLR. :lol

Did you check / clean and lubricate the link needle rollers while it was out. ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then I am utterly lost, because I mounted my Bitubo in the same place as the OEM shock. The Bitubo is supposed to go where the Ohlins is in your pic? Problem for me is the Bitubo only has 1 side that is a ball joint mount and the other side is a U shaped joint...
\

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
As far as the TLS Ohlins,it only replaces the rotary damper and retains the stock spring carrier unit. (Spring on a Stick)

The Bitubo being a coil over shock/damper replaces both in the spring unit location.

The Bitubo is a great unit because at some stage the stock spring carrier is going to wear out and deflect and the Ohlins won't fix that .

Unless you have a Ohlins billet stick.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
You made this TLDV8? :drool
Or is it actually something Ohlins offered?
Its homemade,there was nothing available so i made a replacement that was rebuildable,had a larger OD shaft from a OEM damper and had a larger overlap for support,lower stiction and durability.
Before i came to Australia i did not work for at least a year,in that time i rode bikes or machined parts full time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts