TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The switch gear on my handle bars can be rotated on the bars themselves, the locating pin has been removed, does the switch gear from an SV or any other bike fit that me be a cheaper option than any TLS switch gear I can find.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I believe it is the same kit as used on the old late 90s gixers (GSXR750WW for example). Usually some of that floating around on the auction sites.

Reactions: neil123

·
Registered
304 Posts
1st generation bandit 6 or 12 (2nd gen ones I believe were lights on all the time so no on/off switch), Suzuki GZ125 marauder are same, Suzuki really are the British Leyland of the bike world
:ROFLMAO: a lot of other Suzuki's will have same switch gear as well in the same period as the TL, late 80's early 90's are the old GSXR style square switch gear, early mid 2000's I believe are when they switched (no pun intended) to lights on all the time so no daytime/main beam switch on right hand switch gear (y)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st generation bandit 6 or 12 (2nd gen ones I believe were lights on all the time so no on/off switch), Suzuki GZ125 marauder are same, Suzuki really are the British Leyland of the bike world
:ROFLMAO: a lot of other Suzuki's will have same switch gear as well in the same period as the TL, late 80's early 90's are the old GSXR style square switch gear, early mid 2000's I believe are when they switched (no pun intended) to lights on all the time so no daytime/main beam switch on right hand switch gear (y)
Thanks for the info, I may look at getting new RH switch gear as the light selection toggle has been modified but the LH is ok so i will probably look to pin it in place.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On some of the switch blocks it is onky a small allen screw that acts as the locating pin. Would be easy enought to just replace that. I have also had some luck getting new parts from a Japanese site called IMPEX. most of the prices are pretty good but depending on what youy are getting the postage can be a bit of a killer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On some of the switch blocks it is onky a small allen screw that acts as the locating pin. Would be easy enought to just replace that. I have also had some luck getting new parts from a Japanese site called IMPEX. most of the prices are pretty good but depending on what youy are getting the postage can be a bit of a killer.
Thanks, I've got a second hand RH unit on its way and will see if I can fix the LH.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts