TLZone Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally recive all the parts to do the top joke handlebar conversion on my TLS. the most scary part of the conversion will be cut the fairings and the windscreen . I seen few pics of bikes with the same mod, but what I need is some close up pics of the cut zone just to figure out which will the best way to do it.

I like the way tls-moose or fiche-man bikes looks like for example. Any advise or trick will be apreciatte friend....:)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks friend.. I got some pics from Tls-moose , but any other pic will be helpfull also...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I finally recive all the parts to do the top joke handlebar conversion on my TLS. the most scary part of the conversion will be cut the fairings and the windscreen . I seen few pics of bikes with the same mod, but what I need is some close up pics of the cut zone just to figure out which will the best way to do it.

I like the way tls-moose or fiche-man bikes looks like for example. Any advise or trick will be apreciatte friend....:)
Would you please post up dates on you project, as I to would like to change the bars. And have thought of cutting the fairing and glass to do it. One thing I need to see is the mirror mount along with the fairing stay.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Click for bigun does not work...

I'm going to start with the conversion this morning. I want to do pic's of the process and later on put it on the forum.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
handlebar conversion

Hi,just joined yesterday looking at your step by step and looks good,the m&p online has 3in1 risers code(557427) £49.99.would this be any good with your conversion as it would bring the bars a touch closer.i have had red tls from new and covered 8,400 miles been in garage most of its life and wanting to get back on it.many thanks.eily26

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im looking to do this mod aswell and need to know if there is anywhere i can put the steering damper or can i just get rid of it i would like to keep it if possible

Cheers for all the help

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Here are some pics of my conversion.

As you can see from the last pic, there is plenty of clearance with the bars on full lock.

If you need any more specific pics just ask.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Some more pics, incl some with Damper set up

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
I preserved more of the screen with how mine is cut.

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
I kept even more of the screen. I only cut off the corners.
I had to place an extra screw in the middle front of the screen to stop it wobbling but so far it has been ok for regular 100+ blats on the motorways.

As for the damper, I am not running with one at the moment but the more confidence I get with the (new to me) high bar set up the more aggresive my riding is becoming and I have noticed a shimmy or two under certain conditions. - I prob will fit one but not Harris / 916 style.

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
Forgot to mention the damper:
I don't run one either. I have Ohlins rear and also a slightly longer trail from the 30mm GSXR triple clamp offset. Have not felt the need for it.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Very nice:thumbup

If you do want to fit a damper, a WER unit would be nice and tidy (rotory damper that fits to the lower triple).

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Reactions: Troy
1 - 17 of 17 Posts