TLZone Forums banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
So great to see a Tls against much newer machines and obviously doing a great job at the same time.. makes me love mine all the more

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
Hello hello, so here the new riding season started just before a few days for me. At last i could ride my TLS on the track again. So here i am sharing a few pics and a race video from the trackday. There was a misunderstanding with the lap timers so i had to start from the last position but it was a great experience and a real blast!

oh and forgot to mention that i didn't get my rebuilt Ohlins shock in time from UK so i had to ride with good old rotary unit :laugh:coocoo

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
its good to still see you out there

i cant see if you position your feet proper now hehe

looks wicked fun

you had a monster start compared to all the other guys

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I'm sure i still doing it wrong sometimes but i'm learning master ;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Christ that was a nice start! Looking good.. hope you have a good year mate.. love this bike!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
cheers :cheers

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Here goes the trackday No.2 @ Bikernieki racetrack in Latvia. very interesting track, lots of slow corners, hills and drops. Much smoother asphalt than my home track. Love this track. In the race at the end of the day, i started 10th and finished 6th :devious you could see how fun the race was in my video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycFQICXyY34

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
3rd Vroaam Oil Trophy trackday and race (2014 06 01). Wow what a day that was! It was in local track ''Nemuno Ziedas'' or a ''Nemunring''. I started using tyre warmers now as you can see to save a couple heat cycles for the tyres and also so i could twist the throtle hard from the lap 1-2 :) also tried Dunlop GP Racer tires and oh boy those are awesome! now i know why its being so widely used and the feedback is so great. It is truly providing an amazing grip and feel. Highly recommend using these tyres on track.
Set my new best personal record by 2 seconds faster from previous :devious and it was the 3rd best time from that day, so in the race i got a great starting position but this start was different from all my others i must say.. :laugh
heres couple of pics and a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTLraBanEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym9EDMbt7_c

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Trackday pics from Estonia Auto24Ring on 21st of June. Safe and new track:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #113

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
hi. sad but good weather and trackdays season is basically over here. The season was really great one. Had lots of awesome trackdays and races. TLS performed really well! What a bike! still surprises and scares me sometimes :laugh but also gives huge confidence and fun factor and it handles great!

In Vrooam Oil Trophy championship organized by local race club and sponsored by Vrooam Oils last race in my home track i finished 2nd and defended my 2nd place in overall standings :rock
Also what i want to say is and what i proved i think is that you do not need to have a 180hp electronics pumped brand new bikes to go fast! after 16years TLS still kicks ass!

heres a couple last pics:

my two loves:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
my highside crash with my friends bike.. the rear tyre he was using was chosen very badly. the tire itself wasn't very great and it was meant to be used in how weather and on that trackday it was a really cold day.. all in all - stupid me for taking someones bike that i quite do not know its specs and suspension setup. Later on, my friend had a highside in the exact same place with that same bike and unfortunately i went off the track aswell as i had to avoid running over my friend and his bike..

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #120

101 - 120 of 156 Posts