TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have not started my bike for a while and the battery had gone flat i charged it and re fitted it to the bike, the instrument panel lights up i can read the mileage etc neutral light on but the fuel pump is not doing its thing and priming and the bike wont turn over i checked the battery by fitting it to my Triumph and it starts that no problem, i am totally clueless when it comes to electrics and the only thing i can think of is the side stand switch but i am not sure how to check this, does anyone have any ideas that may help me please.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct.

If there is something preventing a start condition, the ecu might be triggered...

Leave it in dealer mode while you work, since codes are erased at key off
ok i have done that showing code c00 ie n fault i have shorted side stand switch out no luck, everything seems to be as normal except the fuel pump doesnt prime and the starter wont work on the button, the kill switch seems to be working fine and i have checkedthe fuses under the ra of the tank that is about as far as i can go as i said before electrics are not my strong point

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
They might be related (likely) and they might not...

Is the clutch switch operational?

Did you check the fuses on the headlight fuse box? Namely the fuel fuse...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They might be related (likely) and they might not...

Is the clutch switch operational?

Did you check the fuses on the headlight fuse box? Namely the fuel fuse...
not checked these tings but i will is the clutch switch normally open or closed ie can i short it out to check it and shouldn't the pump prime without the clutch being pulled in and thanks for the help and patience.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pump could just be dead.

You should check voltage on the plug side.

Could also then jumper the pump for a half second to see if you can hot wire it to check for a wiring issue.

Check this post by the god...

Six5 suggestions
thank you for that i will have a good read of that and take my laptop out into the garage and see if i can follow the instructions certainly looks like the fella knows his stuff i have two spare fuel pumps on the shelf although i dont know if they are i working order i am hoping it is something else as i believe they are a pain in the arse to seal when going back in.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i had a spare fuel pump well 2 actually so i plugged one into the bike and left it hanging turned on the ignition and bingo it worked, so at least now i know what the problem is, the spare pump didn't sound too healthy but it made a noise proving it is the pump that is the problem. So the question now is has anyone tried the fuel pump refurb kits for sale on ebay and are they any good, i am not looking forward to removing the fuel pump with the horror stories surrounding fuel leaks when re fitting the pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts