TLZone Forums banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I am in the process of doing a centre shock conversion with a R1 shock
first if you want regional advice you need to say where you are...........

and 2 the R1 shock is 15 mm too long for a centre shock mod. how are you dealing with the extra length.

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
I need to read through this thread seen as though I have just got a R swinger for my S for free :)

need to look at my options :laugh
Bigborett did it
I'll be doing it
Beast in Canada is doing it with a 1098 ohlins
Gorfinder just doing it

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Ducati 999 maybe, if it's same length as a 1098
Or cbr600 Toledohas a 1098
Adstl had a cbr, but now going 1098

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Or, how about a revalved r6?
As you've already got one

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just keep saying 1098. Eventually he'll do it.
Its like the hypnotoad. He will be powerless to resist.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Just keep saying 1098. Eventually he'll do it.
Its like the hypnotoad. He will be powerless to resist.
:laugh

I wont It would mean spoiling my arse end on the bike and making a new undertray! plus all the havoc of moving the battery :laugh

I'm looking at getting a R1 shock to get revalved but the next weak link is the SOAS!

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
That's where the shock conversion is good, junk the soas,
Might have a gap tray kicking around somewhere, and adstl offers them for a good price
And a battery will still fit under seat, there's someone on a recent thread who laid the battery down under the rear seat catch

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I haven't studied this thread stu but is fitting the r swingarm to an s. Needed to have an exhaust cut out? Aren't people mounting without that fabrication? Like I said this s model thing is new to me

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
No fabrication needed if using a tlr exhaust
Which a few have done
But I'll be using a.braced tls arm with mounts moved

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
taz, i have a tlr swingarm that is modded to suit the std tls exhaust that you can have for the cost of shipping if you like?
wow that is a very nice offer deft. but im probably not needing it as i have just bought a TLR swing arm that was already fitted to an S and a full Yoshi system that was fitted to the same bike, apparently the system is an S one and the swingarm hasnt been modified so im a bit lost there really ? ( unless the headers are actually off an R ) i might need a picture of each system so i can compare

why did u remove this swingarm:O

·
Registered
277 Posts
the reason it fits is that when the r came out yoshi ditched the original s collector and just used the r version for both bikes, i had to modify my swingarm because the yoshi collector i have is one of the original s versions that ran in the same layout as the std s system so it wouldnt clear the tlr swinger.

I removed the tlr swing arm so i could put my Yamaha R1 swing arm on:devious, just copying steve's tlr:hail, na i brought some R1 wheels and it was nice and neat to have the R1 swing arm and all factory stock bits on it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
the reason it fits is that when the r came out yoshi ditched the original s collector and just used the r version for both bikes, i had to modify my swingarm because the yoshi collector i have is one of the original s versions that ran in the same layout as the std s system so it wouldnt clear the tlr swinger.
this is the info i was chasing. thanks man:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
The swingarm looks good it suits the bike I have just put a tlr swingarm on my tls with R1 shock. There are just a few things im needing advise about as I have had a 1100 lbs spring put on it ,but when I sit on the bike im on tip toes the same as I was before. I weight 92 kgs with all me kit on the seat height is 820 mm at its lowest point when the bike is stood up , and its meant to be 835 mm . When I push the back of the bike down there is 25 mm left before it hits the bump stop , and that's where it stops as it wont go down anymore . I just wont to no if I need to put on a much stiffer spring , and I have also used 38 mm spacers each side of the shock at the top do I need to make them a lot thinner any advise from u guys would be very grateful thanks

61 - 80 of 100 Posts