TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
spring rate?

I will add that the easiest conversion of all would be to do the R swinger with only the R/H bracketry and a bitubo on the SOAS lnikage.

wonder whats the length on this shock and what length stroke it uses

been thinking of mounting the buell shock in the right hand side to see if it will work with an s swinger before i convert fully to a different swing arm

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
it would be identical to the SOAS :doh :laugh

·
Registered
676 Posts
Since you got your shit together I have a deal for you. I have a Sachs rear shock off a 2001 RSV if you can make it fit a TLR I will make it more than worth your time.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I had a rsv shock that I considered for my conversion. it is essentially too long. to fit it would require cutting into the swingarm and recessing the lower mount , then sleeving thru the arm to be able to bolt it thru. Also the reservior is a problem as it runs at a right angle and would need to be cut off and converted to a remote as it would foul the frame.

sorry :thumbdown

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am after a bit of advise I have just put a busa front end on the front of my tls . I have taken the swingarm, shock, damper and the back half of the exhaust off my bike . I wanted to put a Honda cb900 hornet rear shock on the back of my bike with my tlr swingarm , but don't wanted to cut into the battery box or move the battery . I would like to put the shock in the middle could someone tell me what would be the best shock to use, as I intend to use the tls exhaust, and is there a kit to put the shock on the back of my bike any advise would be very grateful received thanks

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
TLR ohlins.........

and its easy to pattern up some brackets

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
what would be the best shock to use
you're still new here.....

so I'll be a little patient with you .

i'm very litteral and dont suffer fools

I answered the question you asked...

your reply is unnecessary , if you wanted to ask a question about a hagon then you should have.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Stu' you can be such a miserable old git sometimes :laugh

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Stu' you can be such a miserable old git sometimes
practice makes perfect ! :devious

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am sorry if I have upset you as I have just finished putting my tlr swingarm in my tls and had to take 1/16 off of both sides of the frame . As I looked on 2 web sites and they both say that u should use the bearing dust cover on the chain side ,and now that I have got it in have only got 10 inches for a rear shock . I was only asking for advice I do apologise im hardly ever on this site as im trying to do my bike at the moment . im sure we have all asked stupid questions on this forum site at some time in the past . Please accept my apologies .

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am sorry if I have upset you as I have just finished putting my tlr swingarm in my tls and had to take 1/16 off of both sides of the frame . As I looked on 2 web sites and they both say that u should use the bearing dust cover on the chain side ,and now that I have got it in have only got 10 inches for a rear shock . I was only asking for advice I do apologise im hardly ever on this site as im trying to do my bike at the moment . im sure we have all asked stupid questions on this forum site at some time in the past . Please accept my apologies .
dont apologise, tell him stiff shit if he dont like it:bigfinger.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I am sorry if I have upset you
dont take it personally buddy.....the best answers come form the right questions...

dont apologise, tell him stiff shit if he dont like it
enough of the discent from the people in the cheap seats :bigfinger :stfu :lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
you are probably right I just feel that if I upset anybody on this site then they wont help u when I need answers to questions . Now I have got that out of the way do any of u no of a shock that will go in the centre of my tlr swingarm , without me cutting in to the battery box to much as I have set the swingarm at 15 inches from the subframe apart from a tlr ohlins as I cant afford one of them . Any help would be much appreciated many thanks

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
,you can probably use a 04-04 r1 shock, upside down
A cbr600 shock from a steel frame. Bike
Or you could.look at a Ducati 748/916 or 749/999
You'd need to check the length beforehand, to see if it's around 295mm
Then contact adstl and ask him about the Ducati shock brackets for a tls,

·
Registered
56 Posts
many thanks for the reply that has given me a load of options as ive got my tlr swingarm on my tls and only have about 10 inches to play with so 280mm is on my limit . I will have to get in touch with adstl and c what he can do for me how do I get in touch with him would be grateful for a point in the right direction many thanks

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
std R1 mod brackets wont work......

you need a shock with a 1100lb spring and a suitable length .

then you make brackets to suit that clear the spring

·
Registered
56 Posts
ok thanks for the advise I have managed to find an R1 04 shock for 50 pound , and a ducati 999 showa shock for 100 pound . Which one is the better one to buy and get ,and then have it serviced with a 1100 lbs spring put on it am not to bothered about making the brackets up , or getting them of adstl . Does the shock need to be as upright as possible or will it b ok at the angle where the rotary damper used to be would be grateful for the advise in the right direction many thanks

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
the springing rate changes depending on the angle of the shock

mount it however you like.........

use what ever shock you like , if you are getting either serviced and resprung you can have them tailored to your needs

BTW you have now changed the alignment of the rear wheel and sprocket by shaving the frame.....( R arm fits right in with dust cap on lhs only ) expect the chain and sprocket to show side thrust wear.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts