TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the length of the engine mount bolt, its the one on the front head on the throttle side (the one that usually snaps). i need a new one coz its snapped and the local bike braker has a few but need the length. ta in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
sure i can tell you just so you know you can go to tradebit.com and fo like $8 usd you can download a full service manual plus parts manual now i am not sure which one you need for the throttle side so i will just give you all of them ok the bolt that screws into the front cylinder head is 65mm long and the rear on the throttle side is 80mm long the main center (center of the "V") that goes straight through is 340mm rear upper is 155mm rear lower is 205mm left (shifter side) front head is 90mm and rear left is 70mm well that is all 7 bolts hope this helps

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
65mm, Length of bolts and spacers in the manual :thumbup

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
sure i can tell you just so you know you can go to tradebit.com and fo like $8 usd you can download a full service manual .....
And if you go to the file vault on here you can download it for free :dowhat

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
That bolt shouldn't snap.

Rufer

·
15,415 Posts
That bolt shouldn't snap.

Rufer
On uk bikes they often seize in the head and shear flush when you try to untighten them, all the salt on the roads gets thrown straight at the back of the threads on that one, the left side one is slightly masked by the inlet casting/rubber

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
OK, I understood it wrong then. I thought it just snapped while on the bike :no
Snapping when undoing, yep, I've some experience with that :banghead

Don't forget it is fine pitch thread, M10x1.5.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Mine hasn't snapped (yet) and I welded the kickstand to it!!! Figured the heat would alter the temper, which I'm sure it has, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

C

·
15,415 Posts
Mine hasn't snapped (yet) and I welded the kickstand to it!!! Figured the heat would alter the temper, which I'm sure it has, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

C
I think you have a different bolt in mind unless your kickstand is next to your radiator expansion bottle :laugh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts