TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the new machine up the putty and out through the twin ferries today and have a few questions? (PROBABLY DUMB ONES)

Fuel? I got 160km before the fuel light came on. Is this about right?

Seems to shudder a little at low revs 1 &2 gear (Feels like fuel on and off) when I do the first few km's after starting even when it is fairly warm.

Doesnt like to start when its on the stand and in neutral (Like the neutral sensor is cutting on and off) . Is this a common problem or something I need the dealer to sort.

Other than those few issues all was well. It is very diffrent from riding the old gsxr. Having that torqe and not having to be bouncing revs and gears all the time made for a much smoother and more enjoyable ride. I now see the attraction to the twin (other than the sound).

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Fuel light coming on when theres a heap left is typical.....and annoying,beware of when it stops flashing,find a garage.The stutters round town at roughly 3000 rpm is a typical TL thing,i fitted a Tre and flashed ECU with yosh box.....no more stumbles.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
:stupid 160k's is about spot on for light - it'll flash for about 20km's, the stay on (no flash) for another 20km's. If I cain it I get about 130 - 140km's; 150 - 160 taking it easy, and even more sticking to the speed limit:laugh.

TRE fixed hard starting issues I had, and fixed any surges stumbles, along with Yoshi box, and later PCII. It cost me $2 to make my own TRE. Click here for info. http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/36/57/

You shouldn't have trouble starting on the stand - I start with the stand down 50% of the time. Check the switch at the top of the stand; clean it, lube it, squirt a bit of WD40, check wiring/contacts, plugs and bolts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. Sounds like it must be just typical TLS. If the rain keeps up I will have it stripped, cleaned and back togeather in no time.

Cheers Nato

1 - 5 of 5 Posts