TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking into designing and fabricating a tubular steel frame with a view to using components from my 97 tl1000s. was wondering if anybody out there has CAD drawings or pdf detailing dimensions of the original frame, outline of engine, engine mounting points, or any information of past projects ?

Stuarty (scotland)

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Rupes for sure, and there was someone else (an American) who I can't remember who had renderings in Solid Works :)

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Yes Rupes took lots of dimensions of the all the various mounting points aswell as CAD files. He built a few frames within Solidworks

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
don't know where he's gone tho.

sent him sms 1 mth ago no reply

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
Rupes for sure, and there was someone else (an American) who I can't remember who had renderings in Solid Works :)
Godslayer over on TLP started doing the TLS renderings.

But I don't know how far he got with it.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
given the complexity of the project ...

it could a lot simpler to copy a spondon...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I do remember there being lots on this subject on the previous site before the server gremlins, but unfortunatley i did not save any of the info.
I plan to lift the dims off my bike over the next few weeks and start plotting them on autodesk cad.
in the meantime any info and pictures of custom frames is appretiated.
Regards
Stu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sam,

I am well impressed with the triumph swingarm mod, how does the bike handle compared to standard bike with a decent combined damper /spring unit ? is there any pulls to left or right when sat bolt with no hands?

regards
Stu

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
The ponly one I saved ....

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Sam,

I am well impressed with the triumph swingarm mod, how does the bike handle compared to standard bike with a decent combined damper /spring unit ? is there any pulls to left or right when sat bolt with no hands?
If you took your hands off the bars it slightly went to the left, but obviously we drive on the left and our roads camber to the left so not conclusive LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts