TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one made a successfull airbox that sealed to the bottom of the tank....???
i'm guessing this would give a nice performance increase...:p

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you may gain a little at low speeds.....but you loose the ram air effect the faster you go...you'll also be getting unfiltered air....:eek:

·
Registered
6,760 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can see some winter airbox fun coming on.....maybe if we can get a decent improvment on the stock one.....we could get it made in cf like the tlr ones on the planet.:D

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Bloody hell Carl.............. you gone psychic or something!? I was looking at my spare airbox the other day thinking the same thing!! :p

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was talking to sparky about this too ...got a couple of ideas .. the main one is to get moor volume ..

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Interesting reading, even the standard airbox mod could reduce power by the sound of it. and if the resonance as been calculated at its maximum for the tls, then making the airbox larger could decrease power as well.unless the intakes are modified and the resonance checked for peak performance. when you brainy types work it out can you let me know plz :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Beautifully succinct smmary.A bit more delving produced a recomended 0.4 metres primary intake length (guess I'll be putting the snorkles back on) and the capacity of the airbox should be a minimum of 130% of throttle cubic capacity of the engine. In V twins the still air in the plenum chamber. The filter should therefor be away from the throttle bodiies (ie in ramair runners) or as suggested elswhere in place of one of the headlights, although is it not open to damage by rain ingress.
Please correct /clarify as required

1 - 11 of 11 Posts