Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again, if anyone has a good condition rad, can ya let me know please:thumbup

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Me again, if anyone has a good condition rad, can ya let me know please:thumbup
Let me check 2mora(remind me with a pm 2mora 12ish mate)
Ive got 2-3 tls rad's if i remember(bloody richard shepperd borrowed one the otherweek and you have just reminded me chris:) )
I will deffo have a spare cable clutch thingy or 2.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me check 2mora(remind me with a pm 2mora 12ish mate)
Ive got 2-3 tls rad's if i remember(bloody richard shepperd borrowed one the otherweek and you have just reminded me chris:) )
I will deffo have a spare cable clutch thingy or 2.
:thumbup cheers fella, take ya time cos I really dun got the money at the moment. I'm just annoyed with the current repaired one - doesn't leak but the mounting threads either side have got sheared off bolts in 'em...and I can/could hear the fairing move about a bit last time.

:cheers

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Heres pic's of the 1997 rad i got,little bit bent up at the bottom.

Can do that one for £60 delivered

Or Ive got my 2000 model one,Just waiting for sheppo to drop it off ,it was mint when i gave it to him,but lets wait and see when i get it back before i say.
If ya want the newer one i will include i newer tyre themostat housing that fits between the V which has the temp sensor built in.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
:thumbup cheers fella, take ya time cos I really dun got the money at the moment. I'm just annoyed with the current repaired one - doesn't leak but the mounting threads either side have got sheared off bolts in 'em...and I can/could hear the fairing move about a bit last time.

There are methods for removing sheared off bolts chris.

I welder would be able to weld something on the end of said bolts, creating a wing nut type thingy, or you could use a carbide drill, drill out the core of the bolt then retap. :O

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers johnny, but I've now found two of the three mounting brackets have just disappeared:confused ...the sheared off bolts were there when I bought the bike...I just never bothered to fix it all the time the wheels went round OK :)

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blimey...:dowhat brand new price from Robinsons is £412:scared

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Blimey...:dowhat brand new price from Robinsons is £412:scared

...I just got a brand new rad here in Japan for $340 USD and sent it via USPS to a base in Germany so the shipping was also cheap...

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...I just got a brand new rad here in Japan for $340 USD and sent it via USPS to a base in Germany so the shipping was also cheap...
Cheers BX:thumbup I've just PM'd TLMonkey cos he's got a good condition one, but if he can't help in the end (would be a one off!), I'll get in contact with you if you're prepared to help me out.:hail

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts