TLZone Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2001 TL1000R a few weeks ago it has 10K miles on it and is super clean I have probably put 4-500 miles on it since and its been flawless have not had any issues until a few days ago. I wheeled it out let pump prime , set choke/ throttle selector all the way down towards me and hit start.... it fired rite up like usual but than quickly stalled which seemed typical until it got warm but it has not started since than. I have been reading a lot of these forums and I am certain of a few things , battery is great its brand new and proper voltage, the fuel pump is good i ca here it prime i here the sending unit click and i pulled the fuel line off the in line fuel filter on the output of it and it had fuel coming out , I dont have a pressure gauge but it looks good. I know the spark plugs are fireing if i spray a shot of starting fluid it fires up but than dies quickly even when feathering throttle , so i believe there is no fuel coming out of injectors. It seems unlikely they failed just like that after working great so what am i missing ? I am getting ready to check the votlage to them i beieve it should be a constant 11-12 VDC? anbody know what OHM reading they should have ? I made sure the kickstand wasnt the issue as well as the tip over sensor attached to tank. My other huge concern that i only glanced at yesterday due to time crunch was in the combustion chamber its self under the throttle body it looked like an ungodly amount of gunk .... not just some carbon it looked like thick gunk what would cause this to gunk so bad and how was it running so good for weeks?Any advice or help is much appreciated i dont get many days off and had a trip planned for this wekeend ....its not looking good
also it has aftermarket LED headlights and tailights could this be an issue and the bike has cranked over every attempt so its not a starter issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts