TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about making them for some time now.
I want to have the eccentric for the steering stem like Yosh and attack, so you could keep it stock offset or flip the eccentric to change your offset if you buy the lower triple to go with it. It will keep the stock threaded hole for the damper and it will have a mount for the ignition, but don't plan on being able to use the lock. No firm price but $150 should be possible.

Then follow on with a lower triple to match, not sure on that price, but it is a much larger piece and also includes the stem. It will use the stock steering stops.

The difficult part to decide is what forks? It seems most people change to GSXR forks when they have a problem with their stockers. This would only matter on the lower triple as the top is the same diameter on both forks. I would keep the TLR fork spacing.

Let me know you thoughts, if you are interested.

Thanks,
Van.

·
Registered
433 Posts
...I'm definitely interested! My only concern, but not a show stopper, is not being able to use the lock. ...just b'cuz some of the kids in my neighborhood as a mild deterrent to sitting on it. I do have it chained at the swing arm when i am not home though...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
FYI, it might be a tough sell since there were a couple of group buys on anodized KAD triples recently.
Ken

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
True, but they were not adjustable, did not come with a lower clamp or have the GSXR fork option, so it might fly.
...:banghead, damn you vandriver:banghead stop making s#!t I may want to buy...oh wait, this is only for the TLR...for now...

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
If it's any help, I really had a good experience moving my front end forward for some more trail with the adjustible triple clamps this year. It really helped the front end stability that I was needing. You really have to do top and bottom for the eccentrics to work properly AFAIK.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I'm def interested as well! I've got busa ohlins forks, so they're the same size/spacing as the tl. I'm interested in the upper and lower. from looking at your stuff I already have, I cant wait to see these :devious

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
A top clamp like Aprilia mille -04 or Pro-tek (www.protekk.com) for stock forks
That would be awsome :)

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Adjustable triples for my TLR! My KAD would be on the auction block if you did the upper and lower adjustable triples for the stock forks.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Just a thought, if you are going to do them for GSXR forks, it might be worth making them a drop/gull wing style to raise the front end up to a more normal ride height.

And I do concure that you'd need to do top and botom to make the adjustment work out right.

have fun

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
You have to do it for TLR forks. Not that many people have GSXR forks. You can put me down for upper and lower. Thanks Jim

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good

The feedback is good.

Yes I know the offset needs to be the same on both clamps, but what i was looking at was, the offset on the upper would be (stock or 30mm), anyone could run it in the stock position who just has the upper, but if you also bought the lower you are probably more serious, so we could just make the lower fixed at 30mm and you could flip your eccentric in the upper to 30mm to match.

I have a Yosh set that is fixed at 30mm, I think Hartrich is running his attack's at 30mm.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm interested too, will they just have a single pinch bolt? I would love to see them alittle more beefy with 3 pinch bolts on the lower and 2 pinch bolts uptop, i'll buy both if they're beefy!! How about a streetfighter version with the handlebar mounts machined in as well!!

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
You could consider making them with screw in steering stops, ie a bolt and a piece of aluminum, so you could use it for the TLR or the TLS. The S has the same stops as a Gixxer and then I could also use it on the SV with the TLS front end. I think I have a stock Gixxer and TLR lower I could donate to the cause.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...(+several) they gotta be for stock forks:thumbup...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
How much would a set of yokes be then? With a lower? And how much would a custom set be? Because eventually I want to have a set made with risers etc. :devious

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
:drool this sounds like something id be interested in maybe make a billet insert for the bottom for gsxr fork owners ?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think I am interested also.I think for stock forks is the best way to go.I also like the idea of a couple of pinch bolts.It looks cool with more hardware.I am also keen on a bottom setup if it has real beefy setup with 2 or 3 pinch bolts.Are you going to skeletonize the top triple like all the aftermarket gsxr clamps out there right now.Where the center has been cut out?Just an idea

1 - 20 of 29 Posts