TLZone Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into undertrays or tail tidies (which ever is your preferred name) for my TLR.

I'm after reviews and pictures of any you may have fitted because I'm not sure how easy some manufacturers are to fit, I seem to remember one that requires the luggage hooks to be cut off.

Anyone made their own?
I don't have any welding kit but I do have a pop rivet gun so could make something up to fit.

Any and all information greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
I had a Eurolook on my first TLS, under a cut-down stock plastic tray. Many people prefer to relocate the battery and use n2wheelies' mini-tray which really visually opens up the area between engine and rear wheel if you replace the rotary damper.

On my TLR I just welded in aluminum sheet metal which resulted in a very strong tail subframe that doesn't weigh any more than the stock plastic tray. I can still fit in a fiberglass undertail if I want it to look prettier. You can see quite a bit of the undertail on the TLR because I have whole tailrisers welded onto the lower rails and half-tailrisers welded onto the upper rails, for a half-raised look.

I don't like the ones that require you to replace the taillight. Most include a nice way to mount the license plate and shine a light on it.

Good luck in your research, I'll also be watching this thread to see what's out there.

Reactions: TLR-Matt
1 - 2 of 2 Posts