TLZone Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I'm not suggesting a shop. Six5 is in Arizona. Smartest electrical guy on the forum, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,542 Posts
I have not posted in a long long while. So hello.
rxf610, Wow! I thought you fell off the earth or something. Nice to hear from you again.

Myself, I've been dealing with two weeks of dodgy internet service......and learning a new computer running Windows 10.
Why can't we just all go back to XP? 🙃

I even tried unhooking the Dyno jet cammander and hooked the fuel injectors back up directly and literally it changed nothing it still is exactly the same...... still front cylinder is not combusting it's sparking and it has fuel so yeah just confused
Crazyauto, very strange that you have spark and fuel, but no fire.

Any chance that you swapped the connectors from front to rear on the injectors or ignition coils?

Removing the PC3 won't affect the spark, but it may affect the fuel mix at idle and low revs. Something to keep in mind.

So if you pull the plug on the dead cylinder does it come out wet with gas?
Crazyauto, when you did your "spark test," did you merely put a new plug in the plug cap and hold it against the engine to view the spark? If so, it's good that it sparks, but Snowblind makes a good point. The front plug could be fuel fouled. However, you won't know without inspecting (replacing) it. Also, keep in mind that it may spark in free atmosphere, but may not spark in the cylinder under compression.

Also, indirectly related - have you bypassed the clutch switch?

.... I'm in Arizona .......I will never take my bike to a shop again
None of my experiences with the local shops have been as bad as yours, but I have yet to find one I can trust with my TLs.

I'm not suggesting a shop. Six5 is in Arizona. Sketchiest electrical guy on the forum, no doubt about it.
There, I fixed it Eliott. 😜

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No fuel in spark plugs and I agree very weird that I have fuel and spark and it won't even kick over now and last week my bike Wass running amazingly one day and for no known reason one cylinder down and now won't start I don't get it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That's interesting spark in open atmosphere but not under compression? What could make that happen?? I never would have thought that to be a problem..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Bit it ran great.i parked it came back next day started it.it started up but was on one cylinder.so I changed the spark plugs and coils to try and fix the problem and it literally changed nothing it was exactly the same one cylinder.gave up.came back again next day and decided to pull the injectors and check them out I cleaned em up and put em back in and it won't start now.so I did what someone suggested and switched the front injector wires to the back and still nothing.i can see fuel spraying into the throttle body while trying to start it.and I just simply pulled the boot to check spark through coil I haven't actually checked the spark plug to see it spark but I feel that's remedial at this point if everything is in line it seems it probably is good .Im pretty sure it's electrical .like a faulty wire on a safety switch maybe the clutch or tip over sensor at this point but I don't think those will knock out one cylinder which puts me back at square one..
Six 5 sir if you live in AZ I'm shouting for help.ill pay you to help me please..I'm in surprise on the far west side if your at all close by..thank you all for the help so far.it was a salvaged bike a year and a half ago so 9 grand and all your guys help it turned into great bike I need it back.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
That's interesting spark in open atmosphere but not under compression? What could make that happen?? I never would have thought that to be a problem..
I can't explain the physics behind it, but the experts say it is a real phenomenon.

Conditions that affect the discharge voltage | Spark and Ignition | Basic Knowledge | SPARK PLUG | Automotive Service Parts and Accessories | DENSO Global Website

In the case of a TL, this comes into play because it's well-known that fuel fouled plugs will prevent a TL from starting, and yet sometimes they can be removed from the cylinder and a spark will be visible, creating the illusion that they are still serviceable.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Bit it ran great.i parked it came back next day started it.it started up but was on one cylinder.so I changed the spark plugs and coils to try and fix the problem and it literally changed nothing it was exactly the same one cylinder.gave up.came back again next day and decided to pull the injectors and check them out I cleaned em up and put em back in and it won't start now.
I see that you put a fuel pump in about a year ago. Have you verified the fuel pressure since this issue started?

Have you done the fuel volume test through the return line?

I mention this, because low fuel pressure can make it difficult to start, or run on one cylinder, or not start at all.

so I did what someone suggested and switched the front injector wires to the back and still nothing. i can see fuel spraying into the throttle body while trying to start it.and I just simply pulled the boot to check spark through coil I haven't actually checked the spark plug to see it spark but I feel that's remedial at this point if everything is in line it seems it probably is good .
That's good that you can see fuel spraying in the throttle body.
However, be sure all the connectors are back where they should be per the manual. Otherwise, if they are swapped front to rear, you can crank it over forever and it won't start because the timing is off.

Im pretty sure it's electrical .like a faulty wire on a safety switch maybe the clutch or tip over sensor at this point but I don't think those will knock out one cylinder which puts me back at square one..
You are correct. Those interlocks will not cause the symptoms you are seeing.
The clutch switch will either prevent it from cranking, or if bypassed, cause it to run rich below 3k rpm.
If the tip over sensor were active, it would cut spark and fuel delivery.
If the side stand relay were not engaged, it would cut fuel, ignition, and deactivate the start button.

Six 5 sir if you live in AZ I'm shouting for help.ill pay you to help me please..I'm in surprise on the far west side if your at all close ...
I'm in central Phoenix. Not what I would call 'close' to Surprise - especially with winter traffic here in the Valley. Still, PM me your email address and maybe we can arrange something for next weekend.
Also, regardless of what rxf610 says, I can't make any guarantees on the success of this mission. 😎

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
You guys are awesome.and yeah not too close, the holidays have created traffic like crazy.im glad to know there are still TLs here in AZ I've only seen one and it was in pristine condition in Phoenix yellow and white.mines a bit ruff looking but usually rides perfect.([email protected]).I appreciate it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts