TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive nearly got my TLR back on the road after dropping it last year (i know, i know).

Got some new pipes, fired it up after letting it sit for a few months.
It would crank over but was quite difficult to get it to catch. Once it warmed up a bit it was ok.

That was about a week ago.

In the meantime I did the brakes then went to start it to take it around the block, and once again it took a while to get it to fire. My battery started dying so I thought it change the plugs and charge it and give it another go later. It also started doing something else funny, 2 out of 5 times i would turn the key and instead of cranking it would just do nothing and be silent until i went ACC - IGN with the key a few times.

So yesterday I got new plugs, new fuel for it and tried to get it going but now it wont even crank at all. When I turn it on it just primes, then I turn the key to IGN, then nothing.
No codes coming up, I checked the starter relay which had a little surface corrosion on the pins but nothing serious, now im not sure where to look.

Its obviously something electrical, im just bummed that im so close to getting it going and facing more issues :O :banghead:banghead:banghead

Anyway, any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Oh yeah, I just noticed in another thread something that might be relevant.
Cause my bike battery has been weak half the time I was using jumper leads off a car battery (that wasnt in a car).

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
try mashing hard on the starter button and wiggling a bit. mine had some corrosion a while back and the symptoms were similar. It seemed to work on mine and new battery helped also.

C

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been testing it with a car battery, showing a full 12.7volts.

I might try the starter button.

What baffles me is that it just randomly stopped after working fine the day before.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would also look at your clutch switch. Mine would allow the bike to start sometimes, and sometimes it wouldn't do anything. I took mine off and lightly sanded each terminal, and I was good to go. Picked up a new switch just to be sure. The part I'm talking about is #11 here. If that's not your problem I would go through and check all of your switches and connectors for corrosion anyway since it's been sitting. Electric connector cleaner and dialectric (sp?) grease became my best friend on my rebuild. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah damn, I tried it again and got codes c11 and c12 cam and crank sensor signal not showing.

Crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts