TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys me tiller is loosing water from the overflow at 95c
is this normal? i know the fans come on after 100c.
should i do a fan switch mod or sumthn:O
any ideas.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...(with the engine off) check and make sure both of your fans spin freely...then go from there...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Its normal for the motor to get to just a bit over boiling (mine will get up to 225 deg F) before the fans come on.

Its also normal for some coolant to be pushed out of the rad and into the overflow bottle as the fluid heats up and expands. The level in the overflow bottle should be near the low line when cold and near the full line when hot.

If you have coolant comming out and the overflow isn't totally full you might check that the lines going to the overflow are not reversed. If the rad is boiling over and totally filling the overflow bottle then ya got issues:)

good luck

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...(with the engine off) check and make sure both of your fans spin freely...then go from there...
ive checked they are sweet
but that wouldnt be the case as its loosing water from overflow at 95c
and the fans come on after 100c

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
what level is the coolant low, and could the temp sensor be baqd, also the thermostat could be sticking.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i just checked me overflow bottle at lunchbreak (stone cold engine)
i think shes sweet i must of over filled the overflow because the water is up to the hot line on the overflow when its cold:banghead

would this be the cause?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
If the overflow bottle was too full, then yes, it would be the cause when the radiator expelled some coolant. (It sucks it back in from the overflow as the engine cools too).

Wouldn't hurt to drain and flush the cooling system then fill it with good coolant with the correct ratio of water. It's supposed to be done regulary, but often it isn't. (I used to do mine every season.) That way it's not going to boil as easily and you'll be able to run it to 120C before you have to start worrying about it.

I hope it's not a head gasket. A blown one can pressurise the cooling system and cause it to blow off. With the radiator cap off, run the engine and look for bubbles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts