TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I’m having a problem with my TLR the bike fell over in the wind a few days ago an was on her side for about an hour before I noticed it was on its side so I noticed that the little res for the clutch fluid was empty so I topped it up an had to bleed the clutch now I’m having a problem with the bike jerking an cutting in an out while trying to get on the throttle the bike hits about 4K rpm an she starts acting up but the bike starts an idles perfect also the FI light stays on till the bike starts up then turns off is that normal? I’ve only been having this problems since bleeding the clutch…. I’m lost here has anyone else had the same problem of anything like this problem? I would really appreciate the help TIA

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Most likely the ToS (tip over sensor) is not resetting itself correctly. Try just unhooking it and giving it a good shake to free up the moving parts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Most likely the ToS (tip over sensor) is not resetting itself correctly. Try just unhooking it and giving it a good shake to free up the moving parts.
I thought about the TOS, but it should not start, or idle if the ECM didn't get a TOS signal. It will try and start, but that's all. But, it might be partially failed. How about doing a diagnostic code check, first?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
What state is the inside of the tank in? Could be a blocked filter. When was it last replaced?

·
Super Moderator
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,699 Posts
Hey guys so I’m having a problem with my TLR the bike fell over in the wind a few days ago an was on her side for about an hour .....? now I’m having a problem with the bike jerking an cutting in an out while trying to get on the throttle.... the bike hits about 4K rpm an she starts acting up but the bike starts an idles perfect
Does this TLR still have the PAIR VALVE system installed?
Closely examine all of the vacuum lines. At this age, they may be cracked and withering. Make sure all the sensors are connected properly and no vacuum ports are left open.

Also have a look at the intake manifolds. Maybe the impact from the bike falling over jostle the throttle bodies loose, and it may be pulling a vacuum leak at the rubber manifold boots.

also the FI light stays on till the bike starts up then turns off is that normal? ......
The FI light is also the oil pressure switch light, so yes, that is normal. When the engine is not running, the light is on because there is no oil pressure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m not sure if the bike has a pair valve system and the manifold boots are all good I already checked them an also my oil smells like gas…do you guys maybe think it could be my plugs ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts