TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TLR or TLs wise ones,
I am seeking your advice on a TLR hugger/swingarm fender. I am getting chelapa's undertail and I wanted to see what everyone suggested on the hugger front. There are obviously three schools of thought. No hugger, a minimalist hugger, or the biggest rear fender that will fit on the swingarm.

Because I am soliciting opinions and feedback on what you all have tried and what has worked for you I would love to have opinions in all three areas if you feel the need or desire to chime in.

Long range plans include a possible Coerce Carbon Front Fender so something in Carbon might be nice but it's not a prerequisite. Since I am doing my own body/paintwork I am looking at something like this on eGay which meets the needs affordably and will be easy to prep for paint...
View attachment 21337
Thoughts, comments or suggestions? I await your sage advice:thumbup

·
Registered
976 Posts
I used a war eagle hugger.And the belly pan is on the way.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
war eagle hugger

hans,
you say it as though it is in the past tense. Like you used to but...
any comments about it, would you buy another one:thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I've been happy with my Pyramid hugger.

·
Registered
253 Posts
TLR or TLs wise ones,
I am seeking your advice on a TLR hugger/swingarm fender. I am getting chelapa's undertail and I wanted to see what everyone suggested on the hugger front. There are obviously three schools of thought. No hugger, a minimalist hugger, or the biggest rear fender that will fit on the swingarm.

Because I am soliciting opinions and feedback on what you all have tried and what has worked for you I would love to have opinions in all three areas if you feel the need or desire to chime in.

Long range plans include a possible Coerce Carbon Front Fender so something in Carbon might be nice but it's not a prerequisite. Since I am doing my own body/paintwork I am looking at something like this on eGay which meets the needs affordably and will be easy to prep for paint...
View attachment 21337
Thoughts, comments or suggestions? I await your sage advice:thumbup

I bought one of those egay huggers a while back. It works, but doesn't look the greatest. By that I mean it sits a little off center and has the potential to rub the tire. Might be just the one I got though????

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kamikuza

no, chelapa doesn't have one and he is busy making my TLR bottom fairing in carbon fiber even if he doesn't know it yet...:devious

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would use the war eagle hugger again and I am still using it.I was not happy with there chessie metal bracket so I made a billett aluminum mount for the one side.I will see if I have any pictures.I liked it because if the recesses in the sides.You can see them in the first picture

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hans

great looking bike! did the bracket that came with the hugger just not secure it enough or was it just so nasty looking that it just didn't go when your bike looks this sweet?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I went with the Coerce front and rear. I like the carbon look myself. HAWG I'm your long lost brother, even if you didn't know it yet, because I need you to use your power of persuasion to get ME one too!! I WANT ONE!!! I'm right behind you on the list.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TLMATT

where did you get your Coerce rear hugger and when:devious I was told that they weren't making them anymore!

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ninforus

That looks like a Coerce rear hugger because that's a Coerce front fender on the TLR in the picture but who knows:confused

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I have a yellow one I can sell you. I have no idea what brand it is, but it looks kinda like the one you found on ebay, but yellow.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sellers of eGay huggers...

I am guessing that you don't really like your huggers much if you are selling them - so if you are selling them why are you selling them?

Anybody have an open source to the Coerce Hugger that RatedR has on his TLR?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't like mine simply because there is too much going on at the back of my bike. It is lowered, and I do NOT have tail risers so it looks too crowded for my taste under the rear seat

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
deano 66 and pOrk

deano - Looks like the shaggy dog has passed away - his website was full of broken links. I like the look of the shorter one that you have but then then stock chain guard really looks pitiful because the hugger looks so much nicer and not running a chain guard at all is not an option for me...

pOrk - the reason I went with a SSE was so the back of the bike wouldn't look so crowded. Because I have Van's risers I think a hugger will probably help keep the slop off of the bitubo that TLR_dools was so kind to give me a good deal on...

·
Registered
832 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts